This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
If you are like me, you are always looking for a delicious chicken pasta recipe. This is one of those easy chicken recipes that has a little kick to it. Sometimes you need a little spice in your life.
I bet any vegetables would be wonderful in this dish. I liked having the sweet basil with the spicy sriracha sauce to offset each other. I think they blended together beautifully.
Sriracha Chicken and Pasta
- 1 pound organic pasta of choice I used organic whole wheat orecchiette
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 pound organic chicken breast chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 small eggplant sliced into thin pieces
- 1 large zucchini sliced into thin pieces
- 1 pint organic grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-2 tablespoons Sriracha hot chili sauce it's spicy so you can add more or less to suit your tastes
Cook pasta according to instructions.
While pasta is cooking, place oil, garlic and onion in a large saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes until onion and garlic soften.
Add chicken breasts and cook until no longer pink inside.
Add eggplant, zucchini, basil and oregano. Stir well and cook for a few minutes until zucchini and eggplant soften. Add Sriracha sauce and mix again. Reduce heat to low.
Add cooked pasta to saucepan and stir until thoroughly combined.
Serve immediately. Add more Sriracha sauce if you are adventurous 🙂
I hope you enjoy this spicy twist on a regular pasta and chicken dish. Thanks for stopping by~