Hello there! My name is Lauren and I am a recipe developer, food blogger and a trained nutritionist. Total foodie over here, and have written two cookbooks which I am incredibly proud of, The Everything Wheat-Free Diet Cookbook and The Greek Yogurt Cookbook.
I have an undergraduate degree in Business & Finance and Psychology and my Masters in Nutrition Science. Sharing my healthy and delicious recipes with all of you makes me happy.
Yes I am a nutritionist but I still enjoy treats and cocktails too, all in moderation. I do not believe in deprivation and truly believe you can live a well balanced lifestyle while enjoying it at the same time.
I believe in always finding your balance, whatever that may be. For me, that would be enjoying cocktails and chocolate and everything in moderation. Life should be fun! I live in Westfield, NJ with my husband and three boys.
What You Will Find Here are Lauren Kelly Nutrition
As much as I love to eat, I also love to cook but I don't always have time to create all of the fancy recipes. Mine will be straight forward, simple to make with easy to find, wholesome ingredients.
My recipes will have full detailed instructions as well as helpful tips and substitutions. I realize there are so many food allergies and aversions and I want to be supportive.
Some of my most popular recipes on this site are my Low Carb Pecan Cheesecake Bars (shown below), Spiked Apple Cider (you are my people), Low Carb Blondies, Slow Cooker Thai Curried Soup and my Healthy Mexican Casserole to name a few!
Some Fun Facts About Me
- I am very picky and I have issues with textures (yes, even healthy foods!) and I vowed to expose my kids to all types of foods so they hopefully won't be as selective as I am.
- I am passionate about health and nutrition and I whole heartedly believe in balance. I love desserts (lightened up), snacks and vodka.
- I lost my mother to ovarian cancer at the very young age of 43, which not only triggered my passion for health but also shaped me as the mom I am today.
- My friends are like my family. I feel so thankful to have these amazing people in my life.
- I have always been surrounded by boys. I grew up with my dad and brother (who also has three boys) and now I live with my husband and three little boys. I consider myself lucky.
- I love to walk every day and do pilates. I used to be a huge runner and ran long distance for over 30 years. But now at my age, I am all about low impact exercises. I feel better and my body thanks me for it.
- I am always a vodka soda girl. I don't drink coffee ( I know, I know, I just don't like it!) and I love tea.
- I really do love to cook, but I have a small kitchen and it drives me crazy. I will move someday but for now I have to learn to appreciate my little kitchen that I wrote my two cookbooks in! ** Edited to Add: I moved and completely renovated my house will a big kitchen and a 9 foot island!
- My favorite food is peanut butter, natural and lightly salted. Straight out of the jar, by the spoonful. Second is eggs….scrambled, omelet, hard boiled….any way you make them. Oh, except sunny side. I don't like them wet!
- I love teaching people about health and nutrition and more importantly how to fuel your body. I try to teach people to be kind to yourself and treat yourself (and your bodies) like the true gift they are.
Please Keep In Touch
Please feel free to email me at [email protected] if you have any questions or comments.
Thank you so much for stopping by and please come back soon!