Hi! My name is Lauren and I am a recipe developer, food blogger and the staff Nutritionist at The Bar Method in Montclair, NJ and The Bar Method in Warren, NJ where I offer workshops and individualized counseling. I have written two cookbooks which I am incredibly proud of, The Everything Wheat-Free Diet Cookbook and The Greek Yogurt Cookbook. I have an undergraduate degree in Business & Finance and Psychology and my Masters in Nutrition Science. I love to share my healthy and delicious recipes with all you. Yes, I am a nutritionist but I enjoy treats and cocktails too, all in moderation! I don’t believe in deprivation and believe you can live a well balanced lifestyle while enjoying it at the same time. I live in Westfield, NJ with my husband and three small boys. Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. But in the meantime check out some fun facts about me:
1. I am actually a super picky eater, having nothing to do with whether it’s healthy or not. I have issues with textures of food (yes some of them are healthy foods!) I vowed to make sure my kids weren’t as picky as me and so far they aren’t!
2. I am passionate about health and nutrition, but I whole heartedly believe in balance. I love desserts, chips and wine.
3. I really wanted to have one more child (and would have been THRILLED with another boy) but I wasn’t able to for health reasons. As disappointed as I was to find out I couldn’t have any more kids, I am so thankful to have these three little men and feel grateful every single day (even when they drive me crazy!)
4. I lost my mother to ovarian cancer at the very young age of 43, which not only triggered my passion for health but also shaped me as the mom I am today. I am terrified of leaving my boys that young.
5. My friends are like my family. I feel so thankful to have these amazing people in my life.
6. I have always been surrounded by boys. I grew up with my dad and brother (who also has three boys) and now I live with my husband and three little boys. I consider myself lucky.
7. I love to run (especially early in the morning) and take Bar Method classes. These are both my escapes from every day life and stress and help me to be a more patient person. If I don’t work out, everyone here knows it!
8. I am seasonal with my wine. I love Sauvignon Blanc in the spring and summer (refreshing) and Cabernet Sauvignon and Pinot Noir in the fall and winter (cozy).
9. I really do love to cook, but I have a small kitchen and it drives me crazy. I will move someday but for now I have to learn to appreciate my little kitchen that I wrote my two cookbooks in!
10. My favorite food is peanut butter, natural and lightly salted. Pour some honey on there and I am one happy lady. Second is eggs….scrambled, omelet, hard boiled….any way you make them. Oh, except sunny side. I don’t like them wet!
11. I love teaching people about health and nutrition and more importantly how to fuel your body.
12. I like to end with an even number so I am just going to say, please come back soon! Thanks for stopping by!