Delicious and simple to make comfort food! This Slow Cooker Thai Curried Chicken Soup is the perfect low carb, gluten free dinner.
This is one of my most popular soup recipes. Everyone who makes it absolutely loves it. If you like Thai food, this soup is for you.
And who doesn't love a good slow cooker recipe?
This soup is packed with flavor. If you would prefer it less spicy, cut down on the curry paste.
You can control the spiciness of this soup. It's perfect those cold winter nights and my goodness it's been such a cold winter...
What I love about this soup is that it is so simple to prepare (you gotta love the slow cooker!) and tastes even better than you would get at a fancy Thai restaurant.
Everyone loves it and it is always a huge crowd pleaser. Added bonus that it is low carb and Keto friendly as well as gluten free.
This is one of my favorite recipes from my cookbook, The Everything Wheat Free Diet Cookbook. It became insanely popular right when the book came out and has continued to be loved by many since then.
Thank you all of you for constant support for my cookbooks and just in general. I am so thankful for every single one of you and feel so fortunate to be able to continue to share my healthy recipes with you all.
I can't even tell you how many emails and comments I have received on social media about you guys loving this soup. I always love to hear that and I also am thankful for the reminder to make it!
Are you guys like me and constantly forget to make certain recipes that you love? It is probably because I am always doing a thousand things and then all of a sudden I have to think of something to make for dinner and I keep making the same few recipes.
And then all of a sudden, either one of you guys will remind me or I will stumble upon one of my own good-old-faithful recipes and I get excited to make it again. This soup is a perfect example of that!
One of my readers (Charlotte M) sent me a lovely email saying how much she loved this soup and said she makes a double batch and freezes half to have for lunch or for busy weeknights and I thanked her since I haven't made it in a while! And we never have leftovers with this soup so I have never frozen it before.
So thank you for the tip to make a double batch and freeze it, Charlotte! I will definitely do that next time.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken, cubed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce optional
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 jalepeño pepper sliced (optional)
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- Sliced green onions and lime wedges for garnish
- Salt and pepper the chicken breasts. Set aside.
- Place the garlic, gingerroot, and peanut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook for 1–2 minutes, until tender.
- Stir in the chicken and cook while stirring 5–8 minutes, until browned and no longer pink.
- Place the cooked chicken in the slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients to slow cooker except vegetables. Stir to combine. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Add vegetables including jalapeno and let cook another 30 minutes, until they soften. garnish with sliced green onions and lime wedges.
Thank you to my dear friend Jen who took this picture for me 🙂
This is just one of the delicious recipes in The Everything Wheat Free Diet Cookbook which is on sale in all book stores, both online and in stores.
If you made this Slow Cooker Thai Curried Chicken Soup or any of my other recipes on the blog or from my cookbook, please come back and let me know! You guys know that I love to hear from you!
Thank you for stopping by and please come back again soon!