With just a few simple ingredients, this delicious Easy Cauliflower Soup is simple to make, keto, gluten free, low carb and sugar free!
Bring on the comfort food! This is the time of year where I can't enough of warm, comforting meals and this creamy cauliflower soup is a perfect example of just that.
Not all comforting meals have to be loaded with carbs and calories. This soup is low carb, sugar free and gluten free and everyone loves it.
These would also be delicious with some Spiked Apple Cider, in case you wondering.
Why You Should Make This Creamy Cauliflower Soup
This healthy soup contains just a few, simple ingredients that can easily be found in the grocery store. It's not one of those low carb, gluten free recipes with a bunch of crazy ingredients that are impossible to find.
This soup stores well and freezes amazing too which is great to pull out for those busy weeknights. I love making meals in advance on my meal prep days, it saves so much time and helps to keep me on track.
On those days when you don't have time time to prepare something healthy, it prevents you from eating something that isn't as nutritious because it's in front of you.
I am sure most of you understand what I am saying.
It's extremely versatile too. You can add rotisserie chicken, leftover turkey, spinach, chickpeas or beans (if you don't mind that it's not low carb)... the possibilities are endless.
I have even added sliced pepperoni!
It might sound weird, but it's one of those things that you shouldn't knock it until you try it.
- Onion - I use onions in most of my savory recipes and it adds such a deep flavor to this soup.
- Butter - I always use 100% grass fed, organic butter which just plain old tastes better!
- Cauliflower - One of the most versatile vegetables ever! Make sure you pick a tight, compact bunch of cauliflower with firm, white stalks.
- Chicken broth bone broth - You can use any chicken broth you'd like. Bone broth is made with roasted bones which adds lots of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, essential fatty acids and collage which helps to rebuild connective tissue, hair, skin and nails. I use this one all the time and even sip on it by itself during the day.
- Heavy whipping cream - I use the Organic Whipping Cream from Trader Joe's that is located near the milk.
- Cheddar cheese - I love the extra sharp cheddar cheese for a little punch of flavor.
- Bacon - Because, bacon! I like to buy the center cut, nitrate free bacon. It's healthier and still tastes delicious.
- Green onions - Or scallions, whatever you choose to call them. Green onions are slightly more mild than regular onions which is why is makes the perfect garnish. It's not too strong of a flavor and just adds a nice touch.
How To Make This Creamy Cauliflower Soup
Chop cauliflower into florets or small pieces. In a heavy bottom saucepan over medium heat, add butter and onion.
Cook for 2 minutes or until the onion is softened.Stir in the cauliflower florets and cook for 4-5 minutes.
Mix florets well and season with salt, pepper, onion powder, clove and garlic.
Add chicken broth and cream and bring to a boil. Cook until all florets are tender. (15-20 minutes).
Remove from the heat and with an immersion blender puree the soup.
You just blend away!
I love my immersion blender, it's so simple to use. I use it for so many things.
I've made so many different sauces, salsas, smoothies, soups, homemade tomato sauce, whipped cream... I can go on and on.
They are pretty cheap and you will use it for years, I promise.
Look how insanely smooth and creamy this soup looks! Velvety smooth and no chunks or clumps in here!
Tp with whatever garnishes you'd like, I topped mine with bacon, green onion and cheese.
I've have also added sliced avocado, sour cream and even sliced almonds!
Again, it might sound weird but the almonds add a wonderful crunch to this silky smooth soup.
Another option for something crunchy are those baked cheese crisps. There are several brands that I love, even Trader Joe's makes them. They have the perfect, crunchy texture and have virtually no carbs.
Recipe FAQ's and Expert Tips
There are 6 total carbs in one serving and 1 gram of fiber which equals 5 grams of net carbs per serving.
Yes, you can either use vegan, dairy free cheese or just completely leave it out. You can also use coconut cream instead of heavy whipping cream.
You can eat grilled chicken or fish, a large salad with nuts, seeds and veggies or even a nice, big steak.
Easy Chicken Enchilada Soup from All Day I Dream About Food
Slow Cooker Thai Curry Soup from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Creamy Mixed Mushroom Soup from Vegan in the Freezer
Crock Pot Low Carb Cabbage Roll Soup from Sugar Free Mom
Slow Cooker Ham and Cheese Cauliflower Soup from All Day I Dream About Food
Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped (medium)
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets, 6-8 cups
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ⅛ teaspoon ground clove
- 4 cups chicken broth, I use bone broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- For garnish:
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 slices bacon, crumbled
- 2 green onions (or scallions), chopped
- Chop head of cauliflower head into florets. (About 6-8 cups)
- In a heavy bottom saucepan over medium heat, add butter and onion. Cook for 2 minutes or until the onion is softened.
- Stir in the cauliflower florets and cook for 4-5 minutes. Mix until all florets are warm and covered with onion/butter mixture.
- Season with salt, pepper, onion powder, clove and garlic.
- Add chicken broth and cream and bring to a boil. Cook until all florets are tender. (15-20 minutes).
- Remove from the heat and with an immersion blender puree the soup.
- Top with bacon, chives and cheese!