Made with just a five simple ingredients, these Almond Flour Thumbprint Cookies are delicious all year long! They are sugar free, low carb, gluten free, vegan and Keto!
I can’t even believe the holidays are almost here. Things are definitely different this year that is for sure, but it also feels like time is just speeding by, even more than usual.
I honestly can not believe it has been 10 months since this all started. As weird and stressful this has been, it has gone by pretty fast. And also slow at the same time, if that makes any sense at all.
I am still going ahead with all of my traditions for Christmas and baking a ton of different cookies and baked goods is just one of them. This year I wanted to add some yummy sugar free options that I can eat too.
I love the Keto Butter Cookies, Fudgy Brownies, No Bake Cookie Dough Bars and now these Almond Flour Thumbprint Cookies! But I can’t forget my good old faithfuls that my friends and family always love like my Red Velvet Cookie Cups, Gluten Free Butter Pecan Cookies, Chocolate Gingerbread Sandwich Cookies, Christmas Chocolate Chip Cookies Peppermint Crunch Cookies and my Cranberry Oatmeal White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies!
The truth is I just love to bake and even though I am definitely not feeling as festive as I usually do this time of year, I am really excited to continue my tradition of baking.
The beauty of these cookies is that you can use whatever jelly or jam you would like for the center. You can easily make a homemade one, like my Blueberry Pomegranate Chia Jam, or one you bought from the grocery store.
No one has to know, I certainly won’t tell.
I used the Good Good Strawberry Jelly because I liked the ingredients. It is sweetened with erythritol and is very delicious. (No, this is not sponsored by them)
Especially this time of year I am always looking for ways to make life easier and buy this jelly is one of them. But like I said you can easily make your own if you’d like.
This really is such a simple recipe. Although they look so pretty and fancy, only you and I have to know just how easy they are to make.
I use the super fine almond flour in these cookies because I feel like it allows for the best texture. Let me know if you try something else and how they come out.
I also used liquid Monk fruit again for this recipe. I am loving how my baked goods come out with this sweetener!
As always, let me know if you use another sweetener and let me know how they come out.
I am not sure if you realized but these cookies don’t use any eggs! Many of you complain about how many eggs are used in keto recipes so these are just the opposite!
I used the back of a 1/2 teaspoon measuring spoon to create the space for the jam, but you can easily go old school and use your thumb too. I just wanted them to look perfect for my pictures.
Aren’t they so pretty? And insanely festive for the holidays…even Valentine’s Day! With their gorgeous presentation I am definitely giving these out as gifts.
Wouldn’t you love it if someone gave you these as a holiday gift? I know I would!
- 2 cups super fine almond flour
- 1/4 cup Liquid Monk Fruit sweetener, or sweetner of choice
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sugar free strawberry jelly
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a medium bowl whisk coconut oil, vanilla extract, and liquid Monk fruit.
- Add almond flour and salt, mix well until the mixture forms a soft dough consistency.
- Roll dough into 12 balls, place on a prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Using your thumb or the back of ½ teaspoon measuring spoon, press in the center of each cookie to make space for the jam. Pinch together any large cracks around the sides of each cookie. Fill that space with ½ teaspoon of jam.
- Bake the cookies for 15 minutes or until they get brownish in the edges. Once they are done and the edges are golden brown, the cookies will be soft. Don’t remove them from the baking sheet for a few minutes until they cool off.
- Keep them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 7 – 10 days, they will get soft with time. To freeze, let cool and store in freezer-safe containers with parchment paper between each layer, will keep for to 2 months.
Like I said above, you can easily use my Blueberry Pomegranate Chia Jam for this recipe. You can use whatever berries you have in your house!
Here are some other low carb cookies you might enjoy:
Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies from All Day I Dream About Food
Keto Chocolate Coconut Cookies from Sugar Free Mom
Low Carb Snickerdoodle Cookies from I Breathe I’m Hungry
Low Carb Cream Cheese Cookies from Wholesome Yum
Please let me know if you made these thumbprint cookies or any of my other recipes. You guys know that I love to hear from you!
Thank you for stopping by!