Just in time for the holiday season, these Gluten Free Butter Pecan Cookies have a wonderful light texture and are perfect for gift giving as well as bringing to all of your parties!
Disclaimer: I was compensated by Bob's Red Mill to create this recipe. However, like always, the opinions are entirely my own. Promise!
Like so many other people, I go crazy around the holidays. I love to decorate, buy gifts and bake lots and lots of cookies. Like, LOTS of cookies.
Besides the fact that I really enjoy baking so many different types of cookies (while listening to Christmas music of course!), I'm also getting my holiday "shopping" done at the same time!
I know it sounds weird but follow what I'm saying.
It's so hard to find that perfect gift for every single person on your list. Especially adults, they are so hard to buy for sometimes.
I mean, most grown ups don't even want anything, especially if you have kids. And that's why homemade gifts make the BEST gifts.
I don't just bake cookies during the holidays, I bake all the time.
I feel like homemade baked goods are the perfect present to say so many different things. Whether someone is celebrating a new baby, a new job or going through a difficult time, sharing homemade goodies are a great way to express those emotions.
I chose to use Bob's Red Mill 1:1 Gluten Free Baking Flour for these scrumptious Butter Pecan cookies. It's so versatile and perfect for anyone with a gluten allergy, sensitivity or intolerance or if you are like me and just like to cut back on gluten.
And honestly people who do not normally eat a gluten free diet still love these cookies. You can not taste the difference at all.
I love Bob's Red Mill 1:1 Gluten Free Baking Flour because it's so easy to substitute all of your favorite cookie recipes that use all purpose or whole wheat flour. I love anything that is easy, especially around the holidays!
You can see why I was excited to be a part of a campaign where the slogan is "Made with Love, Baked with Bob's". Baking = love!
When I give cookies or other baked goods as gifts, I love including the recipe too. This way they won't have to ask me for it (which they always do!)
And just in time for your holiday baking, here is a coupon from Bob's Red Mill!
Butter Pecan Cookies
- ½ cup butter softened
- ½ cup unrefined brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ cup Bob's Red Mill 1:1 Gluten Free Baking Flour
- ¼ cup ground flax
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pecans for topping
- unrefined sugar for dusting tops of cookies
- Mix together the butter, brown sugar and egg until well blended.
- Add flour a little at a time and mix well.
- Add the flax, salt, vanilla and cinnamon and mix until completely combined.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least an hour or even overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- With a tablespoon, scoop cookie dough and roll into a ball with your hands.
- Flatten with your fingers and sprinkle with unrefined sugar.
- Place a pecan in the center of the cookie.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the edges are golden brown.
Happy Holiday Baking!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Bob’s Red Mill.