These delicious and simple to make Chocolate Brownie Cookies are the perfect treat with just the right balance of sweet and salty. They are gluten free, sugar free, low carb, sugar free and Keto friendly!
These scrumptious cookies are for all of my fellow serious chocolate lovers. I promise these will not disappoint and will satisfy even the strongest chocolate cravings.
At the same time these cookies are sugar free, low carb and grain free. That's my perfect cookie right here.
I can attest to just how delicious they are. And super easy to make too which is always an added bonus.
If you are looking for some other yummy cookie recipes, you need to try these Low Carb Almond Flour Thumbprint Cookies, Keto Butter Cookies, Gluten Free Butter Pecan Cookies and these Red Velvet Cookie Cups.
Pair any of these cookies with some Apple Chai Latte or Low Carb Bulletproof Hot Chocolate and you will be in heaven!
Why You Should Make These Chocolate Brownie Cookies
You just need 7 simple ingredients to make these yummy cookies. If you already follow a low carb diet, then you most likely already have everything to make these cookies in your pantry and refrigerator.
And if you are just interested in trying this recipe or just starting out on your low carb journey, you most likely just need to order the Monk fruit, coconut flour and sugar free chocolate chips.
You can now enjoy delicious chocolate brownie cookies without any guilt at all.
- Almond butter- Make sure you read your ingredient labels, not all almond butters are the same. Make sure it only contains almonds and maybe salt.
- Monk Fruit sweetener- I used the granular form of Monk Fruit for this recipe. The brand I use all the time is this one.
- Cocoa powder- You will need to read the ingredients in your cocoa powder as well and make sure there is no added sugar. I use this one and the ingredients are only organic cocoa and nothing else. I use dark cocoa powder because I love dark chocolate and I love the deep color, but you can use whatever you like. I have also made them with regular cocoa and they were just as yummy.
- Coconut flour- Coconut flour is light, naturally sugar free and low in carbs which makes it extremely versatile for low carb baking. I always use this coconut flour for my baking.
- Baking soda
- Sugar Free Chocolate Chips- Please read the ingredients for your sugar free chocolate chips. Many of them contain large amounts of sugar alcohols which can cause stomach upset and diarrhea. I use these sugar free chocolate chips all the time.
- Vanilla Extract- I use pure vanilla extract which doesn't contain any artificial flavors or additives, it's just pure vanilla made from alcohol.
How To Make These Chocolate Brownie Cookies
Chocolate brownie cookies are super simple to prepare, you can absolutely have your kids help with making these. Mix all of the ingredients, scoop them onto a baking sheet and BAM!
Mix together the dry ingredients.
Add the almond butter, egg, vanilla extract and mix well.
Give it a good mix to make sure everything is combined.
Gently add the chocolate chips and mix again.
Scoop batter onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are crispy!
Don't you just love that deep chocolate color?
Personally I think the little sprinkle of salt on top is a must have, but you can easily leave that off if you'd like.
Who doesn't love sweet and salty? This is just the right balance.
Coarse salt is really yummy because it adds texture but you can easily use a finer salt, for instance.
Extra salt on mine always.
Recipe FAQ's and Expert Tips
These cookies freeze really well too if you want to avid the temptation of overindulging. I totally get that and frequently freeze my desserts. I typically freeze them in individual plastic bags so I can easily just take out one cookie and let it defrost on the counter for 10 minutes when I have a chocolate or sweet craving. This also makes it a little harder to eat too much in one sitting.
Typically cookies that are baking in an oven preheated to 350 degrees take between 8-12 minutes depending on the size of the cookie.
Leave them on the baking sheet right out of the oven for about 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack for chewy cookies.
Almond Flour Thumbprint Cookies from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies from All Day I Dream About Food
Low Carb Sugar Cookies from Sugar Free Mom
Peanut Butter Cookies from Big Man's World
Keto Butter Cookies from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Please feel free to follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram! Thanks for stopping by!
Chocolate Brownie Cookies
- ½ cup creamy almond butter, or nut or seed butter of your choice
- 1 egg, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated Monk Fruit sweetener
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ cup sugar free chooclate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl add and mix all the dry ingredients.
- Now, add the almond butter, egg, vanilla extract and mix well.
- Then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter using a 1 ½-inch ice cream scoop; place 1-2 inches apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Flatten the cookies with your hands gently.
- Bake until cookies begin to crack on top, (about 8-10 minutes).
- Transfer to wire racks and let cool completely before eating the cookies.
You get the best of both worlds with these cookies!! I have many friends who are gluten free, who are going to love them!! They are chocolatey & delicious!
These are always a hit! Perfect for my friends and family who are gluten free.
Wow - delicious and chewy. Great recipe, we made these cookie last night out of this world good.
The chocolate brownie cookies are AMAZING! They are so soft and chewy and love that they are on the healthier side.
Yay! So happy you liked them!
Made these tonight. Yum! Husband says to make them again.
I am glad you and your husband enjoyed them!
Can normal butterbe used instead of almond butter?
I would substitute another nut or seed butter like peanut butter, sunflower seed butter or cashew butter etc. Let me know what you think, Leonie!
Being gluten-free we always love finding new delicious recipes and this one is a winner. My first time using monk fruit too. Great recipe!
Talk about melt in your mouth deliciousness! Wow! We'll be making these over and over again. So good!