Who says drinks can't be comforting? This has the perfect amount of spice and sweetness of apple to warm you up!
I love tea. Basically, I love all kinds of tea with green tea being at the top. But chai comes in at a close second. I don't drink coffee at all (not for health reasons, I despise the taste of it) but you will frequently see me sipping on a nice cup of hot tea. And most times it's in my absolute favorite Teavana travel mug. Seriously, most of my local friends who see me at school pick up or my kids' games, I am always carrying this mug.
Back to this latte… since I always drink plain tea (meaning no lemon, honey or sugar etc.) I thought I would brach out a bit and try to make a seasonal latte. Why not?
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 chai tea bag
- ⅓ cup apple cider
- ½ cup almond milk or milk of choice
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon allspice
- cinnamon stick or additional cinnamon for topping
- Add boiling water to tea bag in a large mug. Allow to steep for 5 minutes.
- White tea is steeping, place apple cider, almond milk, cinnamon and allspice in a medium saucepan over low heat while continuing to stir.
- Remove from heat for a few minutes while stirring well.
- Add heated milk mixture to mug and serve with a cinnamon stick or additional cinnamon for topping.
I don't buy lattes from starbucks or other coffee places. If I do splurge and buy something, it's always a plain green tea. This way it's cheaper and I know what's in there. I don't want all of the extra unnecessary ingredients and I don't want to spend $6 for a drink. Unless it's a glass of wine of course.
I bought apple cider from Trader Joe's that is delicious! Just check the ingredients that there is no added sugar, it's totally unnecessary and sweet enough on its own. I hope enjoy this too! Happy Fall!