Smooth, creamy and delicious, this healthy Eggnog Latte will be your favorite comforting drink all year long!
'Tis the season for lots of cookies, treats and cocktails. I decided to take your favorite drink and make it into a healthier, cozy latte you can enjoy any time of the day.
You guys know I love my warm and fuzzy drinks, especially during the holidays. You will also love this Skinny Peppermint Eggnog, Low Carb Bulletproof Hot Chocolate, Apple Chai Latte and definitely some Spiked Apple Cider!
Why You Should Make This Eggnog Latte
The beauty of this recipe is that it's so easy to make and completely customizable. I am all about easy recipes and don't want to deal with any recipe with lots of instructions. Or ingredients.
Obviously the best part is that my eggnog latte is light in calories, made with whole ingredients and just better for you.
Did you know the Starbucks Blonde Eggnog Latte has 450 calories, 18 grams of fat and 57 grams of carbs? 52 of those carbs come from sugar!
This eggnog latte lets you enjoy your favorite coffee house drink without all of the guilt.
- Almond milk - I used unsweetened almond milk to make sure there are no added sugars or ingredients in these chocolate peppermint muffins.
- Eggnog - I usually make this recipe from All Day I Dream About Food because it's simple to make, but there are a few healthy already made eggnogs in the grocery store. Califia has a yummy one that is vegan, gluten-free, non-GMO low in sugar and doesn't contain Carragean (which is an additive in many processed foods that has shown to be harmful and cause inflammation).
- Coffee - Use whatever coffee you'd like, I used this one which is organic and made with 100$ organic beans.
- Pure Vanilla extract - I use pure vanilla extract which doesn’t contain any artificial flavors or additives, it’s just pure vanilla made from alcohol. I use this one.
- Vanilla Syrup- You only use a tiny amount in this latte and I used this one that is sugar free, vegan and made with a blend of Erythritol and Monk fruit. Please read the ingredients because many of the sugar free syrups contain artificial sweeteners chemicals and junk.
- Cinnamon - My favorite spice! Cinnamon is so versatile and I use it for most of my sweet recipes and baked goods.
- Whipped cream - this is optional but definitely worth it! A little goes a l long way and we love this Oat Based Whipped Cream.
How To Make This Eggnog Latte
Blend together until combined.
Transfer to a pot and heat over the stove until hot.
Pour into your individual serving mugs.
Top with whipped cream and extra cinnamon (optional but really worth it!)
Green Tea Matcha Latte from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Vanilla Gingerbread Latte from Half Baked Harvest
Skinny Vanilla Latte from The Conscious Plant Kitchen
- ½ cup almond milk unsweetened
- ¾ cup eggnog
- 1 cup coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- whipped topping optional
- In a hand mixer or high speed blender, add the milk, eggnog, coffee, vanilla, vanilla syrup and cinnamon together.
- Blend together until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer mixture to a pot and heat until hot.
- Pour into individual mugs and top with whipped cream and extra cinnamon if desired.