Buffalo Chicken Meatballs are the perfect appetizer for parties or a snack for a game day. Juicy and spicy, low in carbs, easy to make and super delicious!
Healthy Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
I am always looking for easy to make, crowd pleasing appetizers that are healthy and delicious. I promise these Buffalo Chicken Meatballs check off all the boxes.
Appetizers are everyone's favorite at parties, especially this time of year. If you are looking for more appetizer recipes you will love this Broccoli Cheese Dip, Philly Cheesecake Dip, Gluten Free Spinach Quinoa Balls, Spinach Artichoke Quinoa Stuffed Mushrooms and these Pomegranate Brie Phyllo Bites.
Why You Should Make Thee Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
These yummy bites are the perfect appetizer for parties or a snack for a game day. Just Serve it with extra buffalo sauce or cheese dressing and watch them disappear in minutes.
You can use it as a side dish with your meal, also these are meal prep friendly to stock up and to be used as desired.
These babies are low in carbs and loaded with protein. Each meatball has less than 50 calories, only 1 gram of carbs and 4 grams of protein which makes it a wonderful, healthy option to serve at parties.
These are perfect for game day snacking, holiday parties or just a plain old weeknight dinner or snack.
- Ground chicken - I use organic ground chicken which is very easy to find in the grocery stores, just make sure to read your labels. I do understand everything is very expensive now so I like to buy a bunch when it goes on sale.
- Onion powder - I use onion powder in this recipe because I have it in my house always, but you can use equal amounts of white onion, shallot or even dehydrated onion instead.
- Garlic powder - I also use garlic powder because I always have it on hand in my house but you can also equal amount of minced fresh garlic.
- Egg - I use farm raised, organic eggs in all of my recipes.
- Green onions - Also known as scallions, these have a mild taste and are extremely versatile.
- Buffalo sauce - My favorite buffalo sauce is Frank's and yes, I do put this stuff on everything!
- Almond flour - I use the super fine almond flour in all of my recipes because it lends the lightest, ideal texture.
How To Make These Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray baking tray or line with parchment paper.
In a large bowl mix together chicken, onion powder, garlic powder, egg, green onions, salt, black pepper, buffalo sauce, and almond flour.
Use your hands to form meatballs about the size of golf balls. Arrange them on a prepared baking tray and brush the meatballs with oil.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until cooked through. Remove from the oven and drizzle with buffalo sauce and gently toss the meatballs or just serve the meatballs with buffalo sauce on the side.
- Extra buffalo sauce
- Blue cheese dressing
- Ranch dressing
- Tzatziki or even just plain Greek yogurt
Baked Turkey Meatballs from Well Plated by Erin
Chicken Piccata Meatballs from The Mediterranean Dish
Low Carb French Onion Meatballs from Sugar Free Mom
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup green onions chopped, more for serving
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅓ cup Buffalo sauce more for serving
- ½ cup almond flour
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray baking tray or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together chicken, onion powder, garlic powder, egg, green onions, salt, black pepper, buffalo sauce, and almond flour.
- Use your hands to form meatballs about the size of golf balls.
- Arrange them on a prepared baking tray and brush the meatballs with oil.
- Bake for 20 -25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with buffalo sauce and gently toss the meatballs or just serve the meatballs with buffalo sauce on the side.