Broccoli Cheese Dip is super easy to make, healthy and ridiculously delicious. This baked Broccoli Cheese Dip recipe is perfect for any holiday, game day or any day of the week you want a nutritious, low carb, gluten free appetizer or snack.
I think the best part of dinner parties, gatherings and parties are the appetizers. Who's with me?
I can just eat all of those dips and finger foods and be perfectly happy. And most of the time I end up being too full for the main course, but I don't care.
You guys know I love my low carb Spinach Artichoke Dip, so I thought I need to make another delicious low carb dip to share with you guys. And not to brag, but I do think I hit this one out of the park.
If you are looking for some other healthy appetizers for watching football or for the holidays, you will love my Jalapeño Poppers, Mini Bacon Cheese Balls, Spinach Artichoke Quinoa Bites and Quinoa Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms. All of these would be even more delicious with my Spiked Apple Cider!
Why You Should Make This Broccoli Cheese Dip
It might be obvious, but you really can't go wrong when you put broccoli and cheese together. This dip is so incredibly delicious, be prepared for it to be the first dip to be gone.
Besides being super tasty, this broccoli cheese dip is so easy to make. The best part is that you can prepare the dip ahead of time and just pop it in the oven minutes before you are ready to serve.
When I am hosting a gathering or holiday I am always looking for ways to simplify and make my life a little easier. Any dish I can make ahead of time is one I am excited to make.
This broccoli cheese dip is not only delicious and simple to prepare but it's gluten free, low carb and totally guilt free.
- Extra virgin olive oil - I love my EVOO. Some of those benefits are that its anti-inflammatory, it may help prevent heart disease and diabetes and may even help to lower cholesterol levels.
- Broccoli - You can buy a head of broccoli and chop it or make your life easier and buy a bag of pre-chopped broccoli. It's a great time saver.
- Cream Cheese - I use full fat cream cheese for better taste, but you can use whatever you like or what you have in your house.
- Parmesan cheese - I use freshly shredded Parmesan cheese in this broccoli cheese dip because I really think it tastes is so better. But if you already have pre-shredded Parmesan cheese and want to use, go for it.
- Mozzarella cheese - Same as the Parmesan cheese above, I always shred fresh Mozzarella cheese because it tastes better and there are no unnecessary ingredients in there. Many of the pre-packaged shredded Mozzarella cheese varieties contain starches that hep to prevent clumping. That's a no for me, but go ahead and use whatever you have already if you'd like.
- Onion - I like fresh onion in this dip.
- Garlic - I use freshly minced garlic cloves in this dip, but the store bought already minced garlic that you can buy at the store will totally work.
How To Make This Broccoli Cheese Dip
I promise this delicious broccoli cheese dip is super easy to make.
Add chopped onion to a skillet with olive oil and sauté until onion is translucent. Add minced garlic and sauté until fragrant.
Chop broccoli into florets. Bring them to boiling water for 4-5 minutes to tender. Once broccoli is tender, dice it with a knife or you can also use a food processor.
Add cream cheese to the onion skillet and stir to combine. Then add parmesan and mozzarella cheese and mix together.
Add chopped broccoli and mix together again. Optional, add some more shredded mozzarella cheese on top. Place the batter into a baking tray.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until edges are golden brown and cheese starts to bubble.
And just like that, you have the most deliciously perfect broccoli cheese dip!
Recipe FAQ's and Expert Tips
You can prepare this dip up until you place it in the baking dish and place it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days ahead of time. Then simply place it in the oven, bake and serve!
You can eat this dip with sliced veggies (cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes, carrots)sliced cheese, or even nuts for that added crunch.
Although I have not tried these substitutions myself, I bet diced cauliflower, diced Brussels sprouts or even diced asparagus would be delicious in here.
Keto BLT Dip from Joy Filled Eats
Sun-dried Tomato Spinach Dip from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Keto Cheesy Sausage Dip from All Day I Dream About Food
Broccoli Cheese Dip
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 broccoli heads chopped
- 16 ounce cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 red onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 ½ cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepepr
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chopped onion and sauté until onion is translucent. Add minced garlic and sauté until fragrant. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Chop broccoli into florets. Bring them to boiling water for 4-5 minutes to tender. You can also cook it in the microwave: place broccoli florets in a microwave-safe container with a lid and ¼ of water. Put it in the microwave for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Once broccoli is tender, roughly mince it with a knife for making a more homogeneous dip. You can also use a food processor; the result will be more like a rice consistency.
- Add cream cheese to the onion skillet and stir to combine. Then add parmesan and mozzarella cheese and mix. (If the skillet has got cold, it will be necessary to place it over medium heat for the cream cheese to softened).
- Finally, add chopped broccoli and combine. Place the batter into a baking tray. Optional: add extra mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until edges are golden and cream cheese starts to bubble.
- Serve warm with some fresh bread, crackers, or veggie sticks.