These muffins are fantastic. I love all types of muffins, but these and my Blueberry Crumb Muffins are my favorites. These make the perfect breakfast or healthy snack for kids.
The greek yogurt and mashed bananas make this bread super moist and the strawberries add an unbelievable amount of sweetness. It is so easy to make your own breads and muffins. By making your own, you know EXACTLY what ingredients you are eating (and this recipe just so happens to be all good stuff!) These yummy muffins have no butter in them at all and you’d never even know it. I have made these with different fruits too. You can use whatever is in season and what you have in the house! But if you do use strawberries, make sure they are organic since strawberries are on The Environmental Working Group’s Dirty Dozen list. Ok, enough selling these babies….
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease muffin tins.
- Start by combining flour, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mash bananas with a fork until they are almost like a liquid.
- Add eggs, honey and sugar… mix thoroughly. Next add the greek yogurt.
- Whisk until everything is well combined and there are no lumps.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. Next, fold in the fresh strawberries.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tins.
- Put into the oven and bake for 35 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Transfer tray to a cooling rack and (try to) let the muffins cool for at least ten minutes before removing.
You can also use really cute heart-shaped muffin tins for Valentine’s Day… Aren’t these adorable?
Serving Size 1 muffin
Amount Per Serving
Calories 117 Calories from Fat 7 *3 WW Points per serving
Total Fat 0.7g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Total Carbohydrates 27.4g
Dietary Fiber 1.3g
These freeze really well as well as long as you keep them in airtight freezable plastic bags. Enjoy!