This Skinny Peppermint Eggnog is rich, creamy, low carb and decadent without any eggs (or guilt!) This is perfect for those with egg allergies and it takes only a few minutes to prepare. This post is sponsored by truwhip.
Let's talk about eggnog. It's one of those things that you either love or hate, am I right?
I feel like most people love it. We always made our family's special Italian Eggnog recipe every Christmas Eve.
It was handed down from my grandparents on my mother's side of the family and it was always one our family Christmas traditions. My father made it the day before because it always was a process of steps you would have to follow.
We had the big, fancy glass punch bowl, large glass ladle and all of the matching glass mugs (or glasses).
It was always a huge hit. Everyone loved it!
Shocking, I am sure.
It just seemed so heavy and thick and, well it just wasn't my thing.
I mean, I don't want to ruin your fun, but aren't there raw eggs on there? Gulp.
But everyone I know LOVES eggnog, so I thought I would make a lightened up, easier version.
Why You Should Make This Skinny Peppermint Eggnog
If you are like me, you don’t love eggnog because of the raw eggs. Now don’t get me wrong, I ADORE eggs, just not in my drinks.
And preferably not raw.
Obviously this isn’t your typical, classic eggnog recipe, but thanks to truwhip, it is still rich and creamy! Truwhip is unlike the other store bought whipped toppings you will find in the grocery stores, filled with nasty chemicals and GMO’s.
Truwhip uses real ingredients, no high fructose corn syrup or GMO’s and has a similar silky smooth texture to real whipped cream.
Sounds like the perfect alternative to raw eggs and heavy cream, doesn't it?
I used truwhip Skinny, which has only 25 calories and only 2 grams of sugar per 2 tablespoons. As you know, I am mostly sugar free so this is perfect for my low carb lifestyle.
And I realize that it is the holiday season and we indulge way more than usual, but I am always looking for ways to cut back on unnecessary calories if I can.
The best part about this eggless skinny peppermint eggnog is that you just put everything in the blender, whip it up and chill for a few hours.
It’s perfect for holiday parties and family get togethers! I topped these babies off with truwhirl, which is squeezable frozen whipped topping.
It’s light and airy and easy to use!
This goes without saying but you can easily leave out the alcohol for a kid friendly drink or even a mocktail. They are still light and festive and kids can be part of the celebration!
Top it with fresh cinnamon or nutmeg and you have yourself a delicious, festive cocktail (or mocktail) for the holidays!
If you are looking for some other festive drinks that you might like, try this Spiked Apple Cider, Slow Cooker Mulled Wine and this Cranberry Mojito. Or if a non-alcoholic drink is more your speed, try this Apple Chai Latte or Low Carb Bulletproof Hot Chocolate!
- Unsweetened almond milk - You can use plain or vanilla unsweetened almond milk in this casserole. Either way just make sure you are using unsweetened to ensure you aren't adding unnecessary sugars and calories.
- Heavy whipping cream -
- TruWhip Skinny
- Powdered erythritol
- Peppermint extract - I love using extracts! That add so much flavor and they are sugar free. I love to use this peppermint extract.
- Vanilla extract - I use pure vanilla extract which doesn’t contain any artificial flavors or additives, it’s just pure vanilla made from alcohol. I use this one.
- Nutmeg - I absolutely love nutmeg, especially around the holidays. I love its woody flavor with hints of clove.
- Cinnamon - My favorite spice! It is so extremely versatile and adds so much flavor to beverages, baked goods and treats.
- Rum, bourbon or brandy optional - Of course the alcohol in here is completely optional. You can use whatever one you like or what you have in the house.
Recipe FAQ's and Expert Tips
I really think this is a personal preference based on your own taste. If I had to pick one I would think rum would be the most popular alcohol used to make eggnog. There's no need to buy the highest quality alcohol for this recipe as the peppermint eggnog has a strong taste.
Absolutely! If you are lucky enough to have leftovers, they will last for 2-3 days in the refrigerator a long as its placed in a airtight container in the refrigerator. Remember there are no raw eggs in there!
Yes, you can also use the same amount of plain Greek yogurt for some added protein while keeping it low carb and sugar free.
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- ¾ cup whipping cream
- ½ cup TruWhip Skinny thawed
- ¼ cup powdered erythritol
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract sugar free
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup rum, bourbon or brandy optional
- additional nutmeg for topping optional
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender.
- Blend on high until completely mix.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, pour into a glass and top with TruWhirl frozen whipped topping and additional nutmeg.