This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Mission®. All opinions are entirely my own.
I am excited to share with you this delicious quesadilla made with local, seasonal fresh vegetables, gooey cheese and a Mission Organics® Tortilla!
One of my favorite parts of the summer is all of the fresh fruit and vegetables. The colors are so bright and vibrant!
I also love visiting my local Farmer's Market every Saturday morning. The selection of produce and baked goods is wonderful and I also like to support my local farmers.
I went this past Saturday and was so impressed with the selection. They had yellow squash, zucchini, all different colors of bell peppers and tomatoes, Jersey corn on the cob and so much more.
I typically make a huge salad with all of my farmer's market finds, but this week I decided to get a little more creative. I had a package of Mission Organics Flour Tortillas at my house and decided to make easy, cheesy quesadillas.
Farmer's Market vegetables are so beautiful, aren't they? Just look at these gorgeous colors!
I love all of the colors of the heirloom tomatoes. Just saying, New Jersey has the most delicious tomatoes EVER.
I love visiting my local farmer's markets on Saturday mornings. My kids love the baked goods and I love the fresh, seasonal fruits and veggies.
We used to bike down to the farmer's market when they were younger but now they would never do that. It makes me sad that they are growing up so fast.
The beauty of these quesadillas, besides being delicious is that they are so simple to make!
Besides being so colorful and pretty too!
I only use one tortilla per quesadilla. I know there are many different ways to make these, but I think this is the easiest way.
Mission Organics Flour Tortillas are USDA organic certified and non-GMO project verified, which is very important to me. They don't contain any artificial preservatives and don't add artificial colors or flavors.
I try to eat mostly local and organic foods because I care about the ingredients and products that I feed my family. Mission Organics Flour Tortillas are for those who believe that the quality and flavor of their tortilla is just as important as what goes into them.
Added bonus that they are so soft and taste delicious!
I made these quesadillas for my kids and they all devoured them. Just keeping it real, one complained that their wasn't enough cheese and the another one said he wanted the vegetables sliced smaller.
Ever since I wrote my cookbooks and asked for their opinions they love to critique my recipes! Ha! Oh well, they still loved them and ate them up!
It's actually annoying. When I was creating new recipes for the cookbook I was constantly looking for constructive criticism, but now not so much.
We;;, they still give it to me, that's for sure.
- 2 Mission Organics® Flour Tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow squash chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onion chopped
- 1 large zucchini chopped
- ½ cup tomatoes diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro optional
- In a medium size skillet or grill pan, place olive oil and all of the chopped vegetables over medium-low heat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until slightly soft but still bright in color.
- Place vegetables in a bowl and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat one Mission Organics® Flour Tortilla in the pan for a minute.
- Placed vegetables on one half of the tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Fold the tortilla over and press down. Cook on that side 2-3 minutes until crispy and lightly browned.
- Carefully turn over and cook for another 2-3 minutes until tortilla is browned.
- Top with chopped cilantro if desired.
- Slice into three triangles per tortilla.
Visit Mission Organics homepage for more delicious recipes and find where you can buy your own Mission Organics Tortillas!
Please come back and let me know if you made these quesadillas or any of my other recipes. I love to hear from you!
Thanks for stopping by!