Busy weeknights call for easy, healthy dishes and this One Dish Salsa Pasta Chicken Bake is just that!
Disclosure: I was asked to participate in the “#OrganicforAll” campaign as a member of the Healthy Aperture Blogger Network. I received free product for recipe testing and was compensated for my time.
Yup, I just rocked your world right now.
This takes less than 10 minutes to prepare and the penne doesn't need to be cooked before hand.
It's also healthy, delicious, organic and budget friendly.
Organic doesn't always have to mean expensive and that's one of the reasons why I was excited to partner with ACME representing their USDA-certified O Organics® product line featuring more than 300 high-quality food products.
This year, more than 100 items will be added to the O Organics® line, so there are even more options to choose from! O Organics® is more economical than many other leading national organic brands and since I am feeding a (very hungry) family of 5, that is definitely important to me.
I care about the quality of my ingredients and I try to buy as many organic ingredients as I can. At times organic foods can be more expensive that regular ones and that is why I love O Organics because it always priced right.
O Organics® is available exclusively at all ACME stores, including those in New Jersey (where I buy them!)
Now let's talk about this recipe. It's sooooo good and all of my kids approved!
If you have kids, you know that's extremely rare, so I celebrated that fact. But let's be real, how can you go wrong with pasta, chicken, gooey cheese and crunchy tortilla chips on top?
You can't and I can attest to that.
I used O Organics® Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Penne Rigate and Mild Salsa.
And then you pretty much just put everything into a casserole dish. Well, follow the instructions below, but you get my drift.
Did I mention how ridiculously easy this dish is?
And cheeeeeeeesy this is.....
To make it even more kid-friendly, I decided to add some crushes O Organics® Yellow Corn Tortillas on top. Because, let's be honest, tortillas make everything better.
And organic ones at that!
Fitting organic foods into your diet can be as simple as looking for the O Organics® brand at your neighborhood ACME store, changing an ingredient in your favorite recipe, or trying a new recipe for the first time, like this one (cough, cough).
This video shows just how EASY this is to make...
- 1 pound O Organics ® chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon O Organics ® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup corn
- 1 large belle pepper sliced ( I used an orange bell pepper)
- 2 cups O Organics ® Penne Rigate
- 1 ½ cups O Organics ® Mild Salsa
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- cilantro chopped (optional)
- 1 avocado chopped (optional)
- O Organics ® Yellow Corn Tortilla Chips crushed for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spread olive oil in the bottom of casserole dish.
- Lay chicken breasts in casserole dish. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder.
- Add onion, garlic, black beans, corn and pepper on top of chicken breasts.
- Add penne. Add salsa and water making sure to cover all the penne.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and remove aluminum foil.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake for another 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven. Top with cilantro, avocado and crushed tortilla chips if desired.
I hope you enjoy this too. Add this to your rotation of easy, weeknight meals!
And who doesn't;t love a dish that is prepared in one dish? I am always for less clean up!
Any way I can make my life easier, I am all for it.
If you made this salsa baked chicken or any of my other recipes, please come back and let me know what you thought. I love to hear from you!
Thanks for stopping by!