If you are like me, you are always looking for a delicious chicken pasta recipe. This is one of those easy chicken recipes that has a little kick to it. Sometimes you need a little spice in your life.
I bet any vegetables would be wonderful in this dish. I liked having the sweet basil with the spicy sriracha sauce to offset each other.
I think they blended together beautifully. How can you go work with sweet and spicy?
You just can't.
Tell me, do you also love sriracha? Many people might not even know what it is!
Sriracha is a wonderfully delicious hot or chili sauce with a very unique flavor. I absolutely love it's spicy flavor, but I do warn you that it might cause heartburn for some.
Personally for years I have been putting hot sauce on my eggs, chicken, salads...you name it. I first learned about sriracha sauce from one of my girlfriends who literally brings hot sauce with her wherever she goes.
You might think it sounds weird but she is perfectly content carrying it around and never missing the opportunity to slather it on just about everything.
She asked me if I liked it and not only had I never heard of it before, I could barely pronounce it. It was then that she introduced me to sriracha and it has been a true love affair ever since.
I am not sure I will start bringing my hot sauce or sriracha sauce out with me to restaurants, but that doesn't make me love it any less.
And by the way, there is no judgement if you bring any of your favorite things with you restaurants. You do what is best for you.
- 1 pound organic pasta of choice I used organic whole wheat orecchiette
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 pound organic chicken breast chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 small eggplant sliced into thin pieces
- 1 large zucchini sliced into thin pieces
- 1 pint organic grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-2 tablespoons Sriracha hot chili sauce it's spicy so you can add more or less to suit your tastes
- Cook pasta according to instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, place oil, garlic and onion in a large saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes until onion and garlic soften.
- Add chicken breasts and cook until no longer pink inside.
- Add eggplant, zucchini, basil and oregano. Stir well and cook for a few minutes until zucchini and eggplant soften. Add Sriracha sauce and mix again. Reduce heat to low.
- Add cooked pasta to saucepan and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Serve immediately. Add more Sriracha sauce if you are adventurous 🙂
Since I first created this recipe I have substituted all types of veggies in here. Although I must say that I do think the zucchini and eggplant are the best in here.
But please go ahead and use what you like or what you have in the house. We all need to simplify things these days and if that means you can save yourself from a trip to the grocery store then I am all for it.
I don't think you should leave out the tomatoes though. There is something about the slightly sweet grape tomatoes with the spicy sriracha that blend together perfectly.
I hope you enjoy this spicy twist on a regular pasta and chicken dish. It's easy enough to add to your rotation for busy weeknights.
Personally I am always looking for new recipes to make during the week because I tend to keep making the same recipes over and over again. Anyone else?
If I happen to find one that my whole family likes I tend to stick with it...forever. Until we all start to become bored with it.
This is a gentle reminder to all of us that it is always good to mix things up every now and then.
If you made this Sriracha Chicken and Pasta or any of my other recipes, please come back and let me know. You guys know that I love to hear from you!
Thank you for stopping by and please come back again soon!