Simple to make but loaded with flavor and nutrition, this Pasta and Sausage in a Garlic White Wine Sauce is the perfect comfort food! It may look fancy but it really can be ready in under 30 minutes.
Craving some comfort food? How about pasta? (it always comforts me when I need it!)
There are days where I am completely losing my minds over screaming kids, a messy house and not enough time in the day and I am completely stressed. These are the days where I crave, delicious, easy, healthy comfort food.
And I don't want to spend all day cooking it. That would stress me out even more.
Opt for organic, whole grain pasta to add fiber. Try adding whatever veggies you have in your fridge to pack a bigger nutritional punch.
Remember the more colors, the more vitamins, minerals and nutrients you are consuming. I always tell people to eat as many colors as you can in each meal.
This is so versatile, cater to foods that you like. I just sliced up some grilled turkey sausage to add some protein and VOILA!!
I have made this with sliced up rotisserie chicken as well and it was just as delicious. You can easily use this as a base and customize it with whatever you already have at your house or however you like it.
Just don't leave out the garlic white wine sauce. It really is THAT delicious.
It tastes even better than a dish that you would get at a fancy restaurant, but we won't tell anyone just how easy this is to make. Let them think it took you hours to prepare and cook.
It will be our secret.
Penne, Turkey Sausage and Veggies in White Wine Garlic Sauce
1 box of whole grain, organic pasta
1 package of lean sweet turkey or chicken sausage
1 bunch of asparagus, ends trimmed and sliced
1 pint organic grape tomatoes, sliced in half
1 package of organic baby spinach
1 package of sliced mushrooms
2 or 3 garlic cloves, crushed
½ cup dry white wine (or vermouth)
½ cup low sodium organic chicken stock
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon italian seasoning (blend of garlic, oregano, basil)
1 tablespoon fresh shaved Parmesan cheese
pinch of salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to instructions.
- Place chopped garlic and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in pan and let simmer for 1-2 minutes and low-medium heat. Add chopped asparagus, tomatoes, mushrooms and sautee for a few minutes until they get tender. Add baby spinach and sautee a few more minutes until spinach is soft. Sprinkle with italian seasonings and stir until blended.
- Add wine and chicken stock, stir and lower heat. Let simmer for a few minutes.
- While veggies are simmering, take out a grill pan and place 1 tablespoon olive oil and grill sausages ntil no longer pink. Remove casings if you like.
- When penne is done, remove from heat, drain and add to veggie mixture. Stir and remain on low heat. Add sliced sausage and stir until well blended. Sprinkle parmesan on top. ENJOY ! Makes 6 servings. Isn't it pretty?
Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
Calories 310 Calories from Fat 106
Total Fat 11.7g
Saturated Fat 2.2g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Total Carbohydrates 33.6g
Dietary Fiber 6.3g
*Nutritional information provided by www.caloriecount.com, not guaranteed 100% accurate
Here are some more healthy pasta recipes that I thought you might like:
Spicy Sriracha Chicken and Pasta from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Healthy Chicken and Pasta from The Spruce Eats
Easy Roasted Tomato and Garlic Pasta from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
One Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta from The Healthy Foodie
Avocado Pasta Sauce with Summer Vegetables from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Incredible Caramelized Onion Spinach Chicken Pasta Bake from Ambitious Kitchen
If you make this Pasta Sausage and Veggies in a Garlic White Wine Sauce or any of the other recipes I have shared with you, please some back and let me know. You guys know that I love to hear from you!
I hope you enjoy these! Thank you for stopping by and please come back soon!