Craving some comfort food? How about pasta? (it always comforts me when I need it) Opt for organic, whole grain pasta to add fiber. Try adding whatever veggies you have in your fridge to pack a bigger nutritional punch. This is so versatile, cater to foods that you like. I just sliced up some grilled turkey sausage to add some protein and VOILA!!
Penne, Turkey Sausage and Veggies in White Wine Garlic Sauce
1 box of whole grain, organic pasta
1 package of lean sweet turkey or chicken sausage
1 bunch of asparagus, ends trimmed and sliced
1 pint organic grape tomatoes, sliced in half
1 package of organic baby spinach
1 package of sliced mushrooms
2 or 3 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 cup dry white wine (or vermouth)
1/2 cup low sodium organic chicken stock
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon italian seasoning (blend of garlic, oregano, basil)
1 tablespoon fresh shaved Parmesan cheese
pinch of salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to instructions.
- Place chopped garlic and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in pan and let simmer for 1-2 minutes and low-medium heat. Add chopped asparagus, tomatoes, mushrooms and sautee for a few minutes until they get tender. Add baby spinach and sautee a few more minutes until spinach is soft. Sprinkle with italian seasonings and stir until blended.
- Add wine and chicken stock, stir and lower heat. Let simmer for a few minutes.
- While veggies are simmering, take out a grill pan and place 1 tablespoon olive oil and grill sausages ntil no longer pink. Remove casings if you like.
- When penne is done, remove from heat, drain and add to veggie mixture. Stir and remain on low heat. Add sliced sausage and stir until well blended. Sprinkle parmesan on top. ENJOY ! Makes 6 servings. Isn’t it pretty?
Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
Calories 310 Calories from Fat 106
Total Fat 11.7g
Saturated Fat 2.2g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Total Carbohydrates 33.6g
Dietary Fiber 6.3g
*Nutritional information provided by www.caloriecount.com, not guaranteed 100% accurate
Thanks for stopping by!