Simple to make but loaded with flavor and nutrition, this Sausage Pasta recipe is the perfect, healthy comfort food! It may look fancy but it can be ready in under 30 minutes.
Craving some comfort food? How about a pasta and sausage recipe that's better than what you'd get at a restaurant?
There are days where I am completely losing my minds over screaming kids, a messy house and not enough time in the day and I am completely stressed. These are the days where I crave, delicious, easy, healthy comfort food.
And I don't want to spend all day cooking it. That would stress me out even more. The idea here is to lessen our stress, not add to it.
This is one of those dishes that looks fancy but really is simple to make. So it's easy enough to make on a weeknight and pretty enough to serve the you are entertaining.
Tips on Making This Sausage Pasta Recipe
I like to use whole grain pasta to add fiber. Try adding whatever veggies you have in your fridge to pack a bigger nutritional punch.
Remember the more colors, the more vitamins, minerals and nutrients you are consuming. I always tell people to eat as many colors as you can in each meal.
This is so versatile, cater to foods that you like. I just sliced up some grilled turkey sausage to add some protein and VOILA!!
I have made this with sliced up rotisserie chicken as well and it was just as delicious. You can easily use this as a base and customize it with whatever you already have at your house or however you like it.
Just don't leave out the garlic white wine sauce. It really is THAT delicious.
It tastes even better than a dish that you would get at a fancy restaurant, but we won't tell anyone just how easy this is to make. Let them think it took you hours to prepare and cook.
It will be our secret.
One Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta from The Healthy Foodie
Avocado Pasta Sauce with Summer Vegetables from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Incredible Caramelized Onion Spinach Chicken Pasta Bake from Ambitious Kitchen
Pasta and Sausage in Garlic Wine Sauce
- 1 pound pasta can use gluten free
- 6 links sausage I use chicken or turkey sausage
- 1 bunch asparagus ends trimmed and sliced
- 1 pound grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 16 ounces baby spinach
- 16 ounces mushrooms cleaned and sliced
- ½ cup dry white wine or vermouth
- ½ cup chicken broth or bone broth
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to instructions.
- Place chopped garlic and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in pan and let simmer for 1-2 minutes and low-medium heat. Add chopped asparagus, tomatoes, mushrooms and sautee for a few minutes until they get tender. Add baby spinach and sautee a few more minutes until spinach is soft. Sprinkle with italian seasonings and stir until blended.
- Add wine and chicken stock, stir and lower heat. Let simmer for a few minutes.
- While veggies are simmering, take out a grill pan and place 1 tablespoon olive oil and grill sausages ntil no longer pink. Remove casings if you like.
- When pasta is done, remove from heat, drain and add to veggie mixture. Stir and remain on low heat. Add sliced sausage and stir until well blended. Sprinkle parmesan on top. ENJOY !