I have to be honest, I haven’t been feeling very inspired to create new recipes after the last cookbook. I think I just hit the wall and didn’t even want to think about it …until yesterday. I had a ripe avocado that I didn’t want to go bad so created this pasta sauce. It was divine. You can use any pasta you’d like, I used gluten-free gnocchi I found to try something different. I bet this would be delicious with my Zucchini Noodles too! It’s a perfect meatless entree but you can always add some chicken or something if that’s what you feel like.
Avocado Pasta Sauce with Summer Vegetables
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 yellow squashed chopped
- 4 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1 ripe avocado peeled and pitted
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1 container of gnocchi or pasta of choice
- In a large skillet, heat minced garlic and oil for 1-2 minutes. Add squash and tomatoes and cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes. I like my vegetables a little crisp. Set aside.
- Place avocado, clove garlic, and cheese in blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Cook gnocchi or pasta according to instructions. Drain, rinse and place in medium bowl. Add Avocado sauce and mix well. Top with vegetables and serve immediately.
Hope you enjoy it!