I have to be honest, I haven't been feeling very inspired to create new recipes after the last cookbook. I think I just hit the wall and didn't even want to think about it ...until yesterday. I had a ripe avocado that I didn't want to go bad so created this pasta sauce. It was divine. You can use any pasta you'd like, I used gluten-free gnocchi I found to try something different. I bet this would be delicious with my Zucchini Noodles too! It's a perfect meatless entree but you can always add some chicken or something if that's what you feel like.
Avocado Pasta Sauce with Summer Vegetables
Dinner, Vegetarian, Summer, Tomatoes, Avocado, Meatless, Squash, Summer producePrint Rate
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 yellow squashed chopped
- 4 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1 ripe avocado peeled and pitted
- 1 large clove garlic
- ¼ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1 container of gnocchi or pasta of choice
- In a large skillet, heat minced garlic and oil for 1-2 minutes. Add squash and tomatoes and cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes. I like my vegetables a little crisp. Set aside.
- Place avocado, clove garlic, and cheese in blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Cook gnocchi or pasta according to instructions. Drain, rinse and place in medium bowl. Add Avocado sauce and mix well. Top with vegetables and serve immediately.
Tried this Recipe? Pin it for Later!Mention @lkellynutrition or tag #lkellynutrition!
Hope you enjoy it!
Lovely! I never thought of an avocado sauce...sounds delicious!