This Arugula Beet Salad with Candied Pecans and Gorgonzola Cheese is not only simple to make and minutes to prepare, but it’s also delicious with a beautiful presentation.
Why You Should Make This Recipe
You could easily make this a spinach salad if you’d like because let’s be real, anything tastes great with candied pecans. This is one of those perfect, healthy, quick dinner ideas that we are always searching for.
This salad may have a pretty presentation and is super easy to make, but it’s also very nutritious.
Also, this gorgeous salad has festive colors for the holidays too.
I have also added shredded chicken to this to make this a complete meal. To be honest, it just kind of worked out that way because I had planned to make this and I had a rotisserie chicken in the refrigerator. It was delicious, and again it looked beautiful.
For the salad:
- arugula – or whatever greens you’d like
- beets – I used a 15 ounce jar
- candied pecans (one of my favorite recipes!)
- Gorgonzola cheese- or whatever cheese you’d like
For the dressing:
- Dijon mustard
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil – Or your favorite oil for dressings
- salt and pepper
- fresh basil
- chia seed- packed with antioxidants and fiber
RECIPE FAQ’S and EXPERT TIPS
Yes! Simply add them to your favorite greens to add lots of flavor. Raw beets contain more vitamins, minerals and antioxidants than cooked beets.
Absolutely! The possibilities are endless in this salad. I have made this with feta cheese, Roquefort, fresh chunks of Parmesan and provolone. Although I like the gorgonzola and Parmesan the best, the feta cheese was a definite close second.
Of course! You can easily use Swiss chard, spinach, kale or another leafy green that you like.
Harvest Cobb Salad from Damn Delicious
Roasted Root Vegetable and Kale Salad with Creamy Turmeric Dressing from Gourmande in the Kitchen
Arugula Beet Salad with Candied Pecans & Gorgonzola Cheese
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- 1 pound beets, about 3-4 medium sized beets or a 15 ounce jar
- 3 tablespoons Candied Pecans
- 1/4 cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- For the dressing:
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 5 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or oil of choice
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seed
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place arugula in large bowl.
- Scrub beets clean and place in steamer basket. Cook about 30 minutes until cooked through. Allow to cool, then rub skins off and cut into 1 inch slices. Place on top of arugula.
- Take a clean, empty mason jar or tupperware with a lid and add the mustard, balsamic vinegar, oil, salt, chia seed and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the chopped garlic along with the fresh basil.
- Cover the jar and shake well to blend. Set aside.
- Put candied pecans and Gorgonzola cheese on top of arugula. Top with dressing. Serve immediately.