This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
This salad is so delicious and can be eaten with or without the dressing. Isn’t it pretty? You could easily make this a spinach salad if you’d like because let’s be real, anything tastes great with candied pecans. This is one of those perfect, healthy, quick dinner ideas.
Arugula Beet Salad with Candied Pecans & Gorgonzola Cheese
5 ounces organic baby arugula
1 pound beets (about 3-4 medium sized beets)
3 tablespoons Candied Pecans
1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 Tablespoon oil of your choice (I used olive oil)
1 Tablespoon ground Chia seed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- Place arugula in large bowl.
- Scrub beets clean and place in steamer basket. Cook about 30 minutes until cooked through. Allow to cool, then rub skins off and cut into 1 inch slices. Place on top of arugula.
- Take a clean, empty jar or tupperware with a lid and add the mustard, balsamic vinegar, oil, salt, chia seed and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the chopped garlic along with the fresh basil.
- Cover the jar and shake well to blend. Set aside.
- Put candied pecans and Gorgonzola cheese on top of arugula. Top with dressing. Serve immediately.
You can substitute Feta or any other kind of softer cheese if you’d like. I personally would love this with big chunks of freshly shaved Parmesan, but that’s just me 🙂
Hope you enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by~