Peanut butter cookies and fudge brownies are delicious, why not make Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies? These delicious peanut butter chocolate brownies are lightened up and simple to make.
You can still enjoy an indulgent treat without all of those the extra calories and junk. Yes these have sugar in them, but food should taste good, right? These are perfect for an occasional treat. Go ahead, go for it.
If you love peanut butter and chocolate too, you also might like my Lightened Up Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars, Peanut Butter Chocolate Crispy Treats, Peanut Butter Pretzel Brownies or my Peanut Butter Oat Flax Bites.
Sometimes I will cut these into bite size pieces (32 small brownies) and put them in the freezer separately in individual freezer safe plastic bags. This way, I have a small size, decadent treat on hand when I need it.
You can easily use almond butter or even sunflower seed butter to make these brownies more allergy friendly. You can also substitute butter for the coconut oil if that is all you have on hand and you don't ind that they will no longer be vegan.
I use these chocolate chips because they are gluten free, vegan, dairy free, nut free and soy free but still taste delicious. I use these peanut butter chips because they are organic and made with quality ingredients.
Low Carb Fudgy Brownies from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Super Fudgy Healthy Brownies from The Loopy Whisk
Salted Caramel Brownies from A Big Man's World
Classic Walnut Fudge Brownies from Valerie's Kitchen
Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate coarsely chopped
- ½ cup unrefined coconut oil
- ¾ unrefined sugar
- ⅓ unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 8 x 8 x 2 baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate and coconut oil over low heat while stirring continuously until smooth.
- Remove from heat, add in sugar, applesauce and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt. Add to chocolate mixture and stir to combine, being careful not to over mix. Gently fold in chocolate and peanut butter chips.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes. Cook completely before cutting into pieces.