Peanut butter cookies and fudge brownies are delicious, why not make Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies? If you follow my blog, you might sense that I really adore peanut butter and chocolate together. Just a little bit.
You can still enjoy an indulgent treat without all of those the extra calories and junk. Yes these have sugar in them, but food should taste good, right? These are perfect for an occasional treat. Go ahead, go for it.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate coarsely chopped
- ½ cup unrefined coconut oil
- ¾ unrefined sugar
- ⅓ unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 8 x 8 x 2 baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate and coconut oil over low heat while stirring continuously until smooth.
- Remove from heat, add in sugar, applesauce and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt. Add to chocolate mixture and stir to combine, being careful not to over mix. Gently fold in chocolate and peanut butter chips.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes. Cook completely before cutting into pieces.
Sometimes I will cut these into bite size pieces (32 small brownies) and put them in the freezer separately in individual freezer safe plastic bags. This way, I have a small size, decadent treat on hand when I need it 🙂
If you love peanut butter and chocolate too, you also might like my Lightened Up Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars, Peanut Butter Chocolate Crispy Treats, Peanut Butter Pretzel Brownies or my Peanut Butter Oat Flax Bites.
Let me know how you like them! Thanks for stopping by~