Everyone needs a treat every
day now and then, right? These are AMAZING! And these treats are way more healthy than typical rice krispy treats made with butter, marshmallows and Rice Krispies cereal! These take just minutes to make, no baking necessary and are ridiculously simple. Sign me up!
- 3 cups Organic Crispy Brown Rice Cereal
- ½ cup natural peanut butter can also use almond or cashew butter
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips I used 75% cacao
- Organic cooking spray
- Spray a 9 x 9 baking pan with organic cooking spray.
- Place peanut butter, honey and chocolate chips in a medium saucepan over low heat. Cook for 3-4 minutes while continuously stirring until completely melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in cereal.
- Press into prepared baking pan and allow to cool for 15-20 minutes. You can leave these at room temperature or cool them in the refrigerator.
- Slice into 14 squares with sharp knife. Store in the refrigerator.
I used Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice - Gluten Free Cereal which is a great alternative to Rice Krispies cereal that's filled with preservatives, additives and probably genetically modified organisms! Each square is only 130 calories* so you can enjoy it GUILT-FREE! Try these and let me know how you like or LOVE them!
*calories calculated from www.caloriecount.com, estimates only