I know people will think I am absolutely crazy, but I don’t like potatoes. I probably would never eat a baked potato. Ever. I like sweet potatoes and french fries, just not plain old potatoes. Until now.
These might be potatoes but they are anything but plain. How can you go wrong with cilantro and lime? The simple answer? You can’t.
Cilantro and Lime Oven Roasted Potatoes
- 1 pound red potatoes scrubbed clean and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cilantro minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno or more if desired
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Place all the ingredients in a large sealable plastic bag and shake well.
Pour potatoes onto baking sheet or baking dish and place in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes until light brown and crispy. Make sure to stir several times while cooking to avoid sticking.
I hope you like them! And for those who don’t like potatoes either, give these a try! You just might surprise yourself.