This side dish is packed with flavor and super healthy. It’s light and simple to make. These roasted vegetables go perfectly with pasta, chicken and mostly everything. It’s one of my favorite vegetarian dishes and I pretty much bring these to every gathering I go to to make sure there is a healthy dish I can eat. And everyone loves balsamic roasted vegetables anyway 🙂
Balsamic Roasted Vegetables
- 1 head of broccoli crowns chopped
- 1 head of cauliflower chopped
- 2 cups asparagus chopped into 2 inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper seeded and diced
- 2 large carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 large zucchini sliced into rounds then cut in half
- 1 cup grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 red onion quartered and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice juice of half large lemon
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, red bell peppers, carrots, and asparagus. Separate the red onion quarters into pieces, and add them to the mixture.
In a small bowl, stir together thyme, rosemary, olive oil, garlic, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Toss with vegetables until they are coated. Spread evenly on a large roasting pan.
Roast for 25-30 minutes in the preheated oven, stirring every 10 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked through and browned. Top with fresh lemon juice and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar.
Hope you enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by~