These Balsamic Roasted Vegetable are incredibly delicious, healthy and will be ready in 30 minutes. This easy Balsamic Roasted Vegetable recipe is simple enough for weeknight dinners and tasty enough as a holiday side dish.
This side dish is packed with flavor and super healthy. It's light and simple to make. These roasted vegetables go perfectly with pasta, chicken and mostly everything.
These delicious roasted vegetables are one of my favorite vegetarian dishes and I pretty much bring these to every gathering I go to to make sure there is a healthy dish I can eat. And everyone loves balsamic roasted vegetables so it always a crowd pleaser.
I make these roasted vegetables almost weekly and eat them with my salads and even scrambled eggs. They are the perfect addition to Easy Balsamic Chicken, Cornbread Stuffing, Sweet Potato Casserole and Mushroom Cauliflower Rice Risotto.
Why You Should Make These Balsamic Roasted Vegetables
These veggies are so versatile and really go with just about any dish. I know I listed a bunch of vegetables that I use but you can go ahead and use whatever you have in your house.
I usually cater this to the likes of who I am cooking for. My kids personally don't like cauliflower or cooked carrots so I usually take those out when I make these for my family.
For holidays I make a whole bunch of different kinds hoping that most will like them. And this way I am also guaranteed a healthy side dish too.
And with all of the craziness of all of the holidays it's nice to make a dish that only takes 30 minutes to make. Easy peasy.
Recipe FAQ's and Expert Tips
You can chop the vegetables 2-3 days in advance before you plan on roasting them. Just store them in the refrigerator in an air tight container.
Make sure your vegetables are mostly the same size, they will cook more uniformly. Also, make sure you don't overcrowd the baking pan. They should be in a single layer with a little space in between each piece.
Typically, you don't cover vegetables when roasting them in the oven. Covering vegetables will steam them instead of browning them.
Roasted Fall Vegetables From Taste and See
Garlic Herb Roasted Potatoes Carrots and Green Beans from Cooking Classy
Roasted Summer Vegetables from Budget Bytes
Easy Roasted Root Vegetables from Eating Bird Food
Balsamic Roasted Vegetables
- 1 head of broccoli crowns chopped
- 1 head of cauliflower chopped
- 2 cups asparagus chopped into 2 inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper seeded and diced
- 2 large carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 large zucchini sliced into rounds then cut in half
- 1 cup grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 red onion quartered and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice juice of half large lemon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, red bell peppers, carrots, and asparagus. Separate the red onion quarters into pieces, and add them to the mixture.
- In a small bowl, stir together thyme, rosemary, olive oil, garlic, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Toss with vegetables until they are coated. Spread evenly on a large roasting pan.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes in the preheated oven, stirring every 10 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked through and browned. Top with fresh lemon juice and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar.