This is one of the biggest hits from The Everything Wheat-Free Diet Cookbook, and once you make it, you will see why. This easy to prepare, healthy and delicious Balsamic Chicken will quickly become one of your go to dinner recipes too.
I always love a good, easy, delicious recipe. I think that's why this recipe has been so popular, it's simple to make and tastes incredible.
What more can you ask for in a meal? On busy weeknights, when I'm taxi-driving my kids around town and referee-ing wrestling matches (I have 3 boys for goodness sake), I don't have time to make those meals that require a lot of ingredients and take more than 30 minutes.
Some days, I don't even have 30 minutes! And you know what kind of days I'm talking about.
If you are looking for more yummy chicken recipes, you will love this Stuffed Eggplant with Chicken and Mozzarella, Cheesy Pesto Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts and definitely this Slow Cooker Thai Curried Chicken Soup!
Why You Should Make This Easy Balsamic Chicken
What I love about this recipe is that you simply take 5 minutes in the morning to prep it and then place it in the refrigerator to marinate. You can marinate it for as little as 45 minutes to an hour to as long as over night.
The longer you marinate it the more flavorful it will be. I have prepared this both with a shorter marinade and an overnight one and they both came out delicious.
I love to make this when I have guests over because everyone loves it and it is allergy friendly. It is gluten free, dairy free, paleo, low carb and Keto friendly.
Trust me, these will go fast so you definitely want to double or even triple the batch. With three very hungry boys and an extremely starving husband so I need to make a bunch of these at a time.
I also make these Balsamic Chicken Breasts weekly for my meal prep days. Make these ahead of time and leave them in the refrigerator for a quick and convenient lunch or dinner.
Being prepared helps to prevent mindless eating. Yeah, I am looking at you grilled sandwich crusts and leftover bowls of cereal.
It makes a great gift for the holidays…just saying.
I love reading all of the positive reviews and comments about the book and I am so appreciative of all of you.
Thanks for all of your support! Now you tell me, what is your favorite, easy meal (besides this Balsamic Chicken of course)?
Easy Healthy Baked Lemon Chicken from Creme de la Crumb
15 Minute Healthy Roasted Chicken and Veggies from Gimme Delicious
Easy Balsamic Chicken
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts,rinsed and sliced in half
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar or brown sugar substitute
- ¼ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, chicken broth, rosemary, basil, and oregano.
- Place chicken breasts in a large sealable bag. Pour the mixture into the bag and shake well.
- Place the bag in the refrigerator for at least 30-60 minutes or even overnight.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2–3 minutes, until tender. Add chicken and brown about 5 minutes per side.
- Pour the remaining balsamic mixture over the chicken. Turn heat to high and let the liquid come to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink inside.