Healthy and loaded with flavor, these Steak Fajitas are easily made in the crock pot with just 6 simple ingredients! Tender, juicy steak with a delicious fajita seasoning.
I am always looking for easy, healthy recipes to make for my family, especially on those busy weeknights. Meals like this can be prepared before hand and slowly cooked during the day while you are at work.
These steak fajitas are a dinner that the whole family likes and they can eat it any way they'd like it. You can stuff this in tortillas, over brown rice or cauliflower rice or even over a bed of greens.
Why You Should Make These Steak Fajitas
As I said before, these steak fajitas have minimal prep and cook slowly in your crock pot. They're so easy to make and still super flavorful.
These are sugar free, low carb and gluten free as well as loaded with protein. With three teenage boys who love meat, I love to create recipes that have tons of protein to help keep them full. They eat so much!
This recipe requires just a few, simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. You know I don't have time for any labor intensive recipe with hard to find ingredients.
- Flank steak - I like to use flank steak for this recipe but you can easily use skirt, sirloin or hanger steak cut into small slices. Use whatever you have in the house or whatever is on sale.
- Red and green Bell Pepper - I like to make sure my red peppers are firm and shiny with no soft spots.
- Onion - Again I make sure my onions are firm with no soft spots.
- Beef broth - This is my favorite because bone broth adds collagen, protein and nutrients that regular bone broth doesn't have. Just know that bone broth does not contain all of the essential amino acids which does not make it a complete protein. It is still loaded with nutrients.
- Fajita seasoning - This is my favorite fajita seasoning. There are no fillers, only wholesome ingredients and no MSG. You can also use my seasoning from my shrimp fajitas if you'd like.
How To Make Crock Pot Steak Fajitas
Add the steak, peppers and onion to the crock pot.
Sprinkle the fajita seasoning over the meat and vegetables and stir to combine.
Pour the beef broth over the mixture and stir again.
Cook on low for 4-5 hours or on high for 6-7 hours. Enjoy!
Recipe FAQ's and Expert Tips
I love to make lettuce wraps or over cauliflower rice with sliced avocado and sour cream. My family loves to make them with regular tortillas or even over lettuce to make a steak fajita salad.
I typically use flank or skirt steak and I like to slice them thin. They are typically the least expensive and both soak up seasonings well.
Absolutely. Simply substitute chicken breast for the steak. if you would like to make shrimp fajitas, you can make this recipe!
- 2½ pounds sliced steak I used flank steak
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- ½ onion sliced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning
- Add the meat, peppers and onions to the crock pot.
- Sprinkle the fajita seasoning over the mixture and stir to combine.
- Add the beef broth to the mixture and stir again.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours or on high for 6-7 hours.
- Serve on lettuce wraps or with a side of cauliflower rice.