This Overnight French Toast Casserole is the perfect, easy, make-ahead breakfast that has all of the flavors of your favorite French toast!
I love French toast. I always have. And I love to make it, but it can be time consuming. Until now of course. Enter The Greek Yogurt Cookbook...
The Greek yogurt not only adds some protein but it also makes it creamy without all of the extra fat and calories. This overnight French toast casserole is lightened up and simple to make.
When I was writing the "Breakfast and Brunch" chapter for The Greek Yogurt Cookbook, I knew I had to make some type of French toast. Well I did, and not only is it ridiculously delicious, but it's so easy to make. Who doesn't love a dish that you can make ahead? This casserole recipe will be one that you make many times. And everyone you make it for will thank you.
I have made this for almost every special occasion in the Kelly house because it's one of those rare dishes that everyone loves!
If you are looking for some other healthy breakfast recipes, you will love these Low Carb Blueberry Scones, Chocolate Peppermint Muffins and this Cranberry Biscotti.They would be even more yummy with some Low Carb Bulletproof Hot Chocolate, Apple Chai Latte or this Chamomile Latte!
Overnight Mixed Berry French Toast Casserole from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
The French Toast I Can't Stop Eating from Ambitious Kitchen
Low Carb Keto French Toast from Wholesome Yum
Gluten Free French Toast from A Saucy Kitchen
Overnight French Toast Casserole
- 1 loaf stale bread
- 5 whole organic cage-free eggs
- 2 organic cage-free egg whites
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- ¾ cup 100 percent pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cold butter diced
- ⅓ cup unrefined brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup minced pecans optional
- Spray a 9" × 13" casserole dish with organic nonstick cooking spray.
- 2. Tear bread into pieces and spread them throughout the casserole dish in an even layer.
- 3. In a large bowl, mix eggs, egg whites, Greek yogurt, milk, and maple syrup. Mix very well until smooth and thoroughly combined. Pour egg mixture completely over bread.
- 4. In a small bowl, mix butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, flour, and pecans, if using. Mix until all ingredients are combined, even if still lumpy.
- 5. Sprinkle the butter mixture on top of the bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight. If cooking the same day, make sure to refrigerate at least 30 minutes before baking.
- 6. In the morning, preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake for 45 minutes until golden brown and the middle of the dish is set. Serve immediately with maple syrup, if desired.