This is a perfect example of a quick and easy dinner that tastes delicious. This is one of those easy pasta recipes you can quickly prepare during the week. Feel free to adjust the seasonings to suit your taste. I leave out the red pepper flakes when I make this for the kids. You can add more if you are feeling adventurous. Jazz up your typical spaghetti sauce with a little zing with this Spicy Bolognese. It’s is a dinner idea that will be a favorite of yours and your family. It’s healthy, easy to make and it tastes amazing. What’s not to love?
Spicy Bolognese Sauce with Beans
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound organic ground turkey or beef- grass fed (make sure it's lean and antibiotic free)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon rosemary
- handful of fresh basil leaves torn
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound spaghetti or whole grain pasta of choice
- 2 28 ounce cans or containers organic BPA-FREE crushed tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- 15 ounce can organic BPA-FREE white beans
Heat the olive oil in a large pan. Add meat and cook until no longer pink and full cooked through.
Add onion and spices.
Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
In a large pot, cook pasta according to instructions. Set aside.
Add all other ingredients to meat and reduce heat. Simmer gently for 30 minutes.
Serve the pasta with sauce on top. Top with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Hope you enjoy this! Remember, you can leave off the red pepper flakes if you don’t want it spicy.