This meal can be made with organic chicken, organic beef or be made vegetarian with just veggies. I love any type of stir fry, it's so quick and easy to make. This is one of those fast, healthy meals that can easily be whipped up on a busy weeknight. Oh and it's also gluten free. You can use whatever vegetables you like. I chose my favorites and it was amazing. Seriously, if I could have licked the plate and my family wouldn't think I was weird (or gross) I would have.
- 1 ⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon organic sesame oil
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 ⁄4 cup gluten free organic and GMO-FREE soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 11 ⁄2 pounds organic chicken beef or pork (or leave out altogether)
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- ½ cup sliced carrots
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup sliced red pepper
- ½ cup largely sliced red onion
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- In a small bowl, mix water, gingerroot, garlic, soy sauce, honey, and cornstarch. Stir thoroughly to ensure the cornstarch has been mixed in well.
- Place the chicken in zip-top bag and pour half of the marinade on top. Make sure the bag is sealed and shake until well blended. Place in refrigerator and let sit for at least 4 hours or, even better, overnight.
- Place sesame oil and chicken in a large saucepan. Cook for 5-7 minutes until no longer pink.
- Add vegetables and remaining ginger mixture. Cook for another 3-4 minutes until vegetables are still crisp and bright colored.
- Serve immediately over brown rice, quinoa or eat it alone.
I hope you enjoy this as much as we did! Thanks for stopping by~