This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Yes, you read the title of this recipe correctly….Shrimp Scampi can be healthy! And still crazy delicious! My family LOVED this!
It is actually funny how much my kids love shrimp (it’s the first thing they order when we go eat at a restaurant) when I don’t eat any seafood. I know, I am told I am missing out. It’s not because it’s unhealthy, it’s because I don’t like it. It’s a texture thing for me.
Anyway, it took me several attempts to lighten up shrimp scampi and this one was a winner! My husband was disappointed there wasn’t any left over. I guess I should double the recipe next time!
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound cleaned, large deveined shrimp, patted dry
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3/4 pound multi-grain angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 fresh squeezed lemon juice (optional)
- 2 cups steamed baby spinach (optional)
- Bring an 8- to 10-quart pot of salted water to boil.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium high heat until it shimmers, then saute shrimp,turning once, until just cooked through, about 2 minutes. Transfer shrimp with a slotted spoon to a large bowl. Add garlic, chicken stock and 3/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper to skillet and bring to a boil, let it reduce to 1/2 cup. Add butter and stir until melted, then remove skillet from heat and stir in shrimp.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling water until al dente, about 6 minutes. Toss pasta in bowl with shrimp mixture, parsley and lemon zest. Squeeze lemon juice on top if desired. Place on top of steamed spinach if you’d like.
Serving Size 1/6 recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories 316 Calories from Fat 94
Total Fat 10.4g
Saturated Fat 2.3g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Total Carbohydrates 39.2g
Dietary Fiber 4.2g
*Nutritional Information is provided by www.caloriecount.com, not 100% guaranteed accurate