Simple to make and outrageously nutritious, this vegan dip is loaded with flavor!
I’m thrilled to be part of the guest posting squad for Lauren which will hopefully allow her to get all the rest she needs to heal quickly!
For those of you who don’t know me - my name is Rose; I am the author of The Clean Dish, a “real food" blog where I share my favorite grain free, gluten free and mostly vegan recipes. All made from scratch!
I’m a German gal, born and raised in the mountains outside of Frankfurt, Germany. Even though I have lived in the US for almost six years, I still feel like the new kid in town most days. Blogging has helped me to connect with like-minded people like Lauren; I have been reading her blog for quite some time and I just adore all the healthy recipe she shares with us week after week!
On that note, I am bringing you one of my current faves: Roasted Garlic White Bean Dip. It’s so creamy and flavorful, I just can’t get enough of it! Having said that, you have got to love garlic. Not like but be madly and passionately in love with it. Which I am. It’s safe to say I am down right addicted to garlic! The flavors blend so well together; just dip your veggies or spread some of this Roasted Garlic White Bean Dip on your favorite crackers to enjoy a truly healthy snack!
- ½ tablespoon oil for cooking
- 4-5 cloves garlic peeled and thinly minced
- 15 ounces white beans cannellini beans, preferably freshly cooked
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon rosemary powder
- pinch of hot paprika or crushed red pepper
- Add the cooking oil to a small skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic and cook for about 2 minutes or until light gold in color.
- Be careful not to burn or brown tremor it will taste bitter.
- Set aside.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add another teaspoon of water if dip seems dry.
- Add the garlic to your dip and pulse or top your dip with the garlic and serve with vegetable sticks or cacklers.
Big thanks to Rose for sharing this delicious recipe with us! I can't wait to make this. It's easy recipes like this that I love to heave waiting for me when my afternoon cravings begin!