Talk about healthy and guilt-free… These Apricot Power Balls are Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free, Paleo-Friendly AND Nut-Free!
Hi all! Lexi here. I am so thrilled to be here today guest posting for Lauren while she rests up!
A little about me: I write the food blog Lexi’s Clean Kitchen, a healthy website sharing gluten-free, grain-free, and refined sugar-free recipes– without compromising any of the flavor! I changed my diet over 3 years ago after way too long of suffering with stomach issues, skin issues, and other ailments. I eat a clean diet full of real food, without any of the limitations, and I feel awesome!
Today I want to chat quickly about SNACKING!
While I personally try to eat meals that fill me up and give me fuel for the day to avoid snacking, sometimes you just need a bite of something delicious to get you through the day!
These bites are not only delicious, but they are packed with good-for-you ingredients to give you an energy boost! Plus, they are nut-free, so you can pack them in those school lunch boxes!
Apricot Power Bites
- 1/3 cup dried apricot
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey use maple syrup for vegan option
- Small pinch fine sea salt
- Optional: 1-2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips use for vegan chocolate chips for vegan option
- Optional: 1/2 cup chocolate melted and drizzle if desired
- Combine coconut, chia seeds, sunflower seeds in your food processor and pulse until ground.
- Add in apricots and honey and pulse until sticky.
- Taste and adjust sweetness based on how sweet you want the bites.
- If adding chocolate chips, add so now.
- Using the palms of your hands, roll into balls and refrigerate until serving.
- If adding chocolate drizzle, melt chocolate, drizzle, and refrigerate until chocolate hardens.
- Store in refrigerator for one week and enjoy!
Any questions? Leave them below and I’ll answer them for you! Also, come say hi on my blog and social channels 🙂
Lexi is the healthy food blogger behind the popular blog Lexi’s Clean Kitchen! Her recipes are made with whole foods and are free of gluten, grains, refined sugar, and dairy.
Stay tuned for details on the release of her first cookbook, out later this year!
Thank you so much Lexi!