These Peanut Butter Oat Flax bites MUST come with a disclaimer.....they are HIGHLY ADDICTIVE!
Yes, before you say anything, they are natural, filled with protein and fiber but it's really easy to eat the whole tray (not that I would know from experience 🙂 ) I made these for my latest workshop at the Bar Method Montclair and everyone loved them. You can't even taste the flax at all and just the little amount of chocolate chips give that little extra crunch.
- 1 cup dry oats
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips or chopped cranberries, raisins, cherries or other nuts
- ½ cup natural peanut butter or sunflower seed butter, cashew butter or almond butter
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed.
- Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Roll into balls. You can also place into a 9 x 9 pan and slice into bite size squares.
- Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week. Makes about 20 balls.
Serving Size 1 bite
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
Recipe adapted from Smashed Peas and Carrots.
Nutritional information provided by Calorie Count, not 100% guaranteed accurate.
Tried and followed your recipe and it was a huge hit! I can't believe that this is also healthy, I highly recommend these peanut butter oat flax bites!
These are great for grabbing on the go & keeping in your bag. They are delicious & provide so many benefits!
You are right, these are addictive! Such an easy healthy snack to make. Love it!
These have to be our favorite energy bites! So tasty and full of good ingredients. Thank you for the recipe!
Meg @ The Housewife in Training Files
I am always looking for new energy bite recipes! I love how simple they are and the addition of flax...I have a giant bag of it and need recipes to get through it!
Everything about these make me smile. In love!
love the chocolate and peanut butter idea - I bet my kids wouldn't even know they were healthy
Melanie | Melanie Makes
These sound addictive, Lauren! Dangerous AND delicious.
Great quick breakfast. Love that they are no bake.
PB and Peppers (@JenatPBandP)
Yum! They look great!!