These Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars are so simple to make and are lightened up from the original. These chocolate peanut butter bars are no bake and insanely delicious!
Do you have that one go-to recipe that you make to bring to parties and gatherings? This chocolate peanut butter bar recipe is my favorite to bring just about everywhere I go.
Everyone always asks for the recipe and it's typically the first dessert to go. If you are nervous about nut allergies you can easily substitute Sunflower Seed Butter for the peanut butter.
I promise, whatever nut or seed butter you use, these are guaranteed to be a hit.
And if you love chocolate and peanut butter together just as much as I do, you will love my Low Carb Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups, Crunchy No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars or Dark Chocolate Donuts with Peanut Butter Glaze.
Why You Should Make These Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
The best part of making these bars is how easy they are. No bake treats are great in the summer when it's too hot to turn the oven on and around the holidays when you are so busy and need space in you oven for everything else.
Basically, no bake treats are perfect all year long.
These bars are definitely lightened up from the recipe I used to make when I was a kid, but they still couldn't be made even healthier. I am working on that, I promise.
Now remember, these are NOT calorie free by any means. But they do have less calories and fat than the original recipe and the ingredients are all clean (except the graham cracker crumbs). Go ahead, have one and ENJOY IT!
Recipe FAQ's and Expert Tips
That is exactly what I have been working on. As of now I just try to make them with 1 cup of super fine almond flour instead of the graham cracker crumbs and they were delicious. I just need to update my pictures!
You really need to line the pan with parchment paper or even grease with butter or coconut oil to prevent them from sticking. Please don't forget this important step.
Gluten Free Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter Bread from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Healthier Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie from The Minimalist Baker
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies from Ambitious Kitchen
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups unrefined powdered sugar
- To make your own powdered sugar: Pour unrefined sugar into blender (I used my Vitamix) and place on high speed for 10-15 seconds to create a "powdered" sugar. (Yes, it really is THAT easy!)
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan with coconut oil or butter. You can also line with parchment paper. Either way this will prevent the bottom from sticking to the pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, peanut butter and melted butter. Press firmly into the bottom of a greased (or parchment lined) 9x13 inch pan.
- Melt chocolate chips over a double boiler or in the microwave, stirring occasionally. Spread melted chocolate over the crumb crust.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes, then cut into bars before the chocolate is completely set. Chill until ready to serve.