Decadent, sweet and healthy too, these Chocolate Covered Chocolate Chip Frozen Yogurt Bites will satisfy your sweet craving guilt-free!
Can you believe that summer is right around the corner? We've already had some 80 degree days here and my kids love frozen treats.
I usually end up making my own treats that I can control the amount of sugar and all of the ingredients that go in it. And when I say no to all of the junky treats out there, I can immediately offer my kids something else.
These Chocolate Covered Chocolate Chip Yogurt Bites are the perfect healthy treat. There are only four ingredients in these portion-controlled treats.
The best part? They taste so delicious that the kids won't even imagine that they are healthy! They are also dairy-free and gluten free too. Oh, and I snuck chia seeds in there as well. The kids won't suspect a thing.
Why You Should Make These Chocolate Chip Frozen Yogurt Bites
These are super easy to make. Just a few simple ingredients are needed and takes minutes to prepare. You can use whatever yogurt you'd like and customize these however you want.
You can use any flavor yogurt and any additional add ins. Get creative, add sprinkles, sliced fruit, whatever you have in the house.
How To Make These Chocolate Chip Frozen Yogurt Bites
You mix the Silk Yogurt Alternative (I chose vanilla flavor) with mini dairy-free chocolate chips an chia seeds and freeze them in an ice cube tray.
I wish I had one of those cute trays, but I just have the standard, rectangular kind. But go ahead, get creative and use one of those cute ones with the fun shapes. See how pretty these look?
As simple as these are to make, they do get a little messy dipping the frozen bites into the melted chocolate. Who really cares about that when they are so delicious?
Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative is what I keep on hand, especially for my kids friends that come over who have a dairy intolerance or sensitivity. There are 6 grams of plant-powered protein per serving.
These Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternatives are an excellent source of calcium and vitamin D and contain no cholesterol, dairy, lactose, gluten, carrageenan or casein.
Chocolate Covered Chocolate Chip Frozen Yogurt Bites
- 2 cups of Silk Vanilla Soy yogurt alternative or yogurt of choice
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons dairy free mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup dairy free chocolate chips for melting
- In a medium bowl, mix together Silk yogurt alternative, chia seeds and 3 tablespoons mini chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into ice cube tray (I used the basic rectangle tray with 16 spots).
- Freeze for several hours or overnight until frozen solid.
- While keeping the ice cube trays in the freezer, melt chocolate chips in double burner or in the microwave. Remove from heat once smooth.
- Twist ice cube tray and place upside down so yogurt bites fall out.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a spoon, drop yogurt bite into melted chocolate. Remove with your fingers when thoroughly coated and place onto baking sheet until all of them are covered.
- Immediately place back int the freezer. Allow to re-freeze.
- Once hardened, eat immediately or place in airtight container in the freezer.