This delicious vegan Chocolate Chocolate Chip Protein Ice Cream has only 5 ingredients, is packed with protein and tastes delicious!
I know, Labor Day weekend is almost here and I still have ice cream on my brain. I don't know about you, but I enjoy all types of frozen treats all year round.
And this one is dairy-free, sugar-free and vegan so why not indulge? Sure, life is all about moderation, but if we can make a dessert healthier, I am all for it!
I've made this recipe a few times and it definitely freezes better if the coconut cream is cold rather than room temperature. Also, it's important to use a full fat coconut cream as opposed to a lighter version.
The full fat coconut helps with the texture and just overall tastes better. Also, it may seem annoying but stirring this every 30 minutes will make a creamier dessert and less ice crystals.
Because this is made without any milk or eggs (which technically doesn't make it ice cream) it have a slightly different texture than ordinary ice cream, but it still tastes amazing. And with only 5 ingredients, this is so simple to make.
Anyone else holding onto summer for dear life? I will be eating this ice cream all year long.
Even in the coldest days of winter. You can hold me to that!
I actually look forward to getting me and my kids back on a schedule and our routines but I really do love the lazy days of summer. And the beautiful warm weather of course.
So tell me, what kind of frozen treats do you like the best? I made this ice cream again last week (for probably the 20th time in just weeks) and then I made my Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies and made them into ice cream sandwiches for the kids.
I am sure it's not surprising to hear that they went crazy for them and devoured them in minutes. That's what is so fun about the summer, you can just go with it.
And the best part is that the kids have no idea just how healthy this ice cream is and that I am sneaking some protein in there as well. I won't tell you if you won't tell.
One tip I just have to share is that coconut milk and coconut cream are entirely two different products, so please make sure you get the coconut cream. Coconut milk is along the same consistency as cow's milk and coconut cream is much thicker and richer.
I have had a few people write me that there's wasn't creamy or anything like ice cream at all only to find out that they used coconut milk. Please don't make that mistake.
- 2 14 ounce cans coconut cream full fat, chilled in the refrigerator for a few hours
- 2 scoops vegan chocolate protein powder
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1-3 drops liquid stevia depending on your desired sweetness
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, mix together coconut cream, protein powder, cacao and liquid stevia until thoroughly combined and no lumps.
- Feel free to taste it to see if you need more stevia to sweeten.
- Add chocolate chips and mix again.
- Pour into freezer safe bowl or container and cover tightly and lay onto flat surface in freezer.
- Freeze for 45 minutes, take out and stir well.
- Place back into freezer and remove every 30 minutes to stir until desired consistency is reached.
- Put back into freezer until ready to serve.
- Make sure you take out 20 minutes and sit on the counter before serving. Enjoy!
If you make this Chocolate Chocolate Chip Protein Ice Cream or any of the other recipes I have shared with you, please some back and let me know. You guys know that I love to hear from you!
I hope you enjoy these! Thank you for stopping by and please come back soon!