These crunchy peanut butter bars are made with wholesome ingredients and beat any store-bought crispy treat by a mile!
I have a really cool job. And super cool friends.
Who am I kidding? Since I got the cookbook, I've made the Bow-Tie Pasta with Bacon and Brussels Sprouts (to die for), Mixed Green Salad with Oranges and Cranberries and the Caprese Skillet Chicken (OMG!). But I decided to share these fabulous crunchy no bake bars with you guys because you all know I am obsessed with all things chocolate and peanut butter. Just keeping it real here, folks.
And these bars are sooooo beyond delicious. Let's just say, I've made them quite a few times and they are a HUGE crowd pleaser.
Side note: how ADORABLE is that whisk bookmark?? Thanks Mary!
Ok, now it's time to talk about these bars.
They were like candy bars! Only better and healthier. Did mention they were crazy addictive too? But these babies are guilt-free so that definitely helps.
I modified them just a touch. I used dark chocolate instead of semisweet, coconut oil instead of butter (only because I ran out of butter!) and crispy brown rice cereal instead of cornflakes. That's the beauty of an easy recipe like this, you can totally make it your own. And I am so happy I did!
Get your copy of The Weeknight Dinner Cookbook (filled with tons of simple, family-friendly recipes) here!
Slow Cooker Cherry Almond Bars from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Homemade Apple Pie Lara Bars from Culinary Couture
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Five Ingredient Granola Bars from The Minimalist Baker
Crunchy No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips I used dark chocolate
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 3 cups crispy brown rice cereal or regular crisp cereal
- Place the chocolate chips, peanut butter, honey and coconut oil in a large glass mixing bowl.
- Microwave for 2 minutes on full power.
- Remove from the microwave and stir until the chocolate has been completely melted and everything is well combined.
- Stir in the cereal and then pour mixture into the pan.
- Smooth the mixture across the pan and then refrigerate until firm, at least 2-4 hours.
- Slice with sharp knife and store in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.