Fluffy jasmine rice mixed with edamame, paired with tender chicken glazed with sriracha and lime. The perfect combination of sweet, spicy and crazy delicious all on one plate.
I was very excited to have the opportunity to try Terra's Kitchen, which is a healthy meal delivery service that offers seasonal, fresh ingredients that are already prepped for you to start cooking. I have seen advertisements for companies like this and now was my chance to test it out.
So ok, full disclosure, I was a little skeptical.
I mean, I cook ALL. THE. TIME.
So why would I need this delivery service? I can do this. I've only cooked about 146,963,826 times before, right?
Here is the low down.
I went on the website and picked out which meals I wanted (aka which meals I was craving). There were so many mouth watering options, but once I saw this chicken dish, I knew I had to have it. I also chose a few other delicious dishes like and placed my order for a few days from the date that I ordered it.
I was very curious how in the world they were going to send me all of these fresh ingredients in the mail. I mean, how in the world can they do this?
This is how. And it's pretty darn cool.
My climate-controlled vessel came loaded with all of my pre-portioned and pre-chopped ingredients organized by each meal. At the very bottom were my recipe cards including all of the ingredients and full instructions.
Ok, I have to admit, I loved how organized everything was. A healthy, delicious meal in 30 minutes or less? I was very intrigued.
I loved how everything was clearly labeled. This was foolproof. Even those that have never cooked before could do this. Pinky promise!
I loved all of the detail on each item and I was really excited to read that the chicken was free-range and non-GMO!
I also love that the instructions were clear and easy to follow.
This was all I needed to make this recipe. And everything was all ready prepped for me. Yup, I can used to this.
Ok, I will admit I absolutely LOVED how convenient this was.
- ½ teaspoon salt divided
- 5 ounces jasmine rice
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 12 ounces chicken tenders
- 1 lime
- 4.75 ounces edamame
- 1 ounce sliced scallions
- .4 ounce cilantro chopped
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- .35 ounce minced ginger
- .3 ounce minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons honey
- .3 ounces sriracha
- In a small saucepan, over high heat, bring 1 ½ cups water and ¼ teaspoon salt to a boil.
- Stir in rice and return to boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let sit, covered for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork.
- Zest lime. Cut lime in half. Chop cilantro (reserve a pinch for garnish).
- While the rice is cooking, start the sauce. In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, ginger, garlic, honey, sriracha, juice from half the lime, a quarter of the zest, a quarter of the cilantro, 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Reserve 2 teaspoons of mixture.
- Add the chicken to the bowl with the sauce. Turn to coat. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat a lightly oiled grill or grill pan to medium high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until done (about 3-4 minutes per side).
- Fluff rice with a fork and fold in the edamame, zest, scallion,s cilantro and juice form remaining lime half. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve chicken over rice and drizzle reserved sauce on top.
- Garnish with reserved cilantro.
So yes, I was a bit skeptical but we LOVED this! And I have to say, having all of my ingredients all prepared and portioned out for me is really, really nice. I highly recommend Terra's Kitchen for those who don't have a lot of time to think about what to make for dinner or for busy families. I mean, everyone has 30 minutes, right?
The ingredients were fresh, healthy and the meals were so flavorful. Prep was so easy my kids even helped me!
The best part of this? All of my readers receive a special $30 off their first order with the code LAUREN30. How cool is that? Just make sure you share the pictures of all the goodies you cook!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Terra's Kitchen. The opinions and text are all mine.