Homemade Healthy Nutella that can be ready in minutes and only contains four ingredients. This Homemade Healthy Nutella recipe is low carb, sugar free, gluten free and crazy delicious!
Nutella is one of those treats that are dangerous to keep around. You can end up mindlessly eating almost the whole jar in no time by eating spoonful after spoonful after spoonful.
Keep in mind that there are 21 grams of sugar and 22 grams of carbohydrates in only two tablespoons of regular Nutella. And who in the world only eats only two tablespoons of Nutella at a time?
That's some serious willpower.
Why You Should Make This Homemade Healthy Nutella
Obviously, the main reason to make this delicious healthy Nutella recipe is that there is no sugar in it at all. There's no guilt here when you eat this Nutella so even if you overindulge, you aren't going crazy.
Now this isn't permission to go overboard and eat the entire jar in one setting. You still have to watch your portion size.
The first ingredient in regular Nutella is sugar which is just another way of saying that it consists mainly of sugar. There are also several questionable ingredients in regular Nutella unlike this healthy version.
This Homemade Healthy Nutella recipe is also so simple to make. It might look fancy, but it can be ready in under 30 minutes.
- Raw Hazelnuts - Make sure you use raw hazelnuts, many of the roasted nuts contain unnecessary ingredients as well as oils. You can use raw or dry roasted hazelnuts, just read the ingredients.
- Sugar free chocolate chips - I use Lily's sugar free dark chocolate chips in this Nutella recipe. You can get creative and use white chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips as well for a fun twist.
- Pure Vanilla extract - I use pure vanilla extract which doesn’t contain any artificial flavors or additives, it’s just pure vanilla made from alcohol. I use this one.
- Monk fruit or another sugar free sweetener (optional) - Personally I don't use any sweetener if this recipe, but you can start with 2 tablespoons of sweetener and then add more to your taste. This is the sweetener I always use.
How To Make This Homemade Healthy Nutella Recipe
When I told you this recipe is ridiculously easy, I mean it.
Simply spread raw hazelnuts on a baking sheet and roast for 12 minutes at 350 degrees.
Melt chocolate chips in a double burner or the microwave.
Add melted chocolate chips to hazelnut butter along with salt and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth.
Keto Nutella Cookies for One from Keto Focus
Low Carb Nutella Stuffed Muffins from All Day I Dream About Food
Three Ingredient Sugar Free Nutella Cake from The Sugar Free Diva
Keto Nutella Brownies from Kirbie's Cravings
Healthy Homemade Nutella
- 1 ½ cups raw hazelnuts
- ¾ cup sugar free chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons powdered Monk fruit optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread hazelnuts on baking sheet and roast for 12 minutes until they turn golden brown and skins start to crack.
- Remove hazelnuts from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. When cool enough to handle, rub teh skins off hazelnuts as much as possible using a paper towel.
- Place haelnuts in a food processor and blend until smooth until a butetr is formed.
- While hazelnuts are blending, melt chocolate chips in the microwave or over a double boiler. Stir well.
- Add melted chocolate to hazelnut butter along with salt and vanilla extract. Blend for anoter few minutes until smooth. Transfer to an airtight container and store at room temperature or you can also refrigerate if you'd like.