I always love a good meatless dish, but now that it is Lent, more and more people are looking for simple, vegetarian dishes to make under 30 minutes. Move over boring spaghetti sauce, this one is much healthier and so much more delicious. And for the carnivores out there, you can easily add some chicken or even shrimp to this.
I love the flavor of roasted tomatoes and garlic together. It’s one of my favorites. And your house will smell AMAZING!
Easy Roasted Tomato & Garlic Pasta
- 2 cups organic grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic diced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped and divided
- 1 package or organic pasta of your choice I used organic pappardelle
- 1 can BPA-free organic white beans rinsed and drained
- feta or parmesan cheese optional
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place parchment paper on a baking sheet.
Place tomatoes, oil, garlic, oregano, salt and 2 tablespoons basil in a medium bowl. Mix well.
Place tomato mixture on prepared baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes until the edges of the tomatoes brown and the tomatoes soften.
Cook pasta according to instructions.
Place roasted tomatoes over pasta and top with remaining 2 tablespoons basil. Toss in the beans.
Top with feta or parmesan cheese if desired and serve immediately.