This Quinoa Vegetable Soup is healthy, vegan, super filling and packed with vitamins, nutrients, fiber and protein!
I love soups, especially vegetable soups. I eat them all year long, but there's something about a warm, comforting bowl of soup on a cold winter day.
This one is easy to prepare and so delicious, no one would suspect how crazy healthy it is. I won't tell if you won't tell.
Sidenote: the colors of this soup are festive enough for the holidays or even Christmas dinner! Check out how pretty it looks even before you pour the vegetable broth in...
If you are looking for some more healthy out recipes, you will love this Creamy Cauliflower Soup, Slow Cooker Thai Curried Chicken Soup, Creamy Asparagus Soup and definitely this Slow Cooker Ham and Cheese Cauliflower Soup!
I used 1 can of diced tomatoes and 2 cups or sliced grape tomatoes to make this vegetable soup because I wanted to use up the fresh tomatoes before they went bad.
Feel free to us whatever you have in the house. Keep things simple and convenient and use what you have already.
I love cooking with quinoa. Quinoa is a seed that is actually a complete protein (it contains all of the essential amino acids in it) and the beans also add more protein and fiber too.
I add the kale at the end for the last few minutes so it remains a little crisp and bright green. I do not like when any leafy greens turn brown from being overcooked.
So eat up and enjoy, this soup that is guilt-free, plant-based and packed with flavor!
Creamy Vegetable Soup from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Slow Cooker Unstuffed Low Carb Cabbage Roll Soup from Sugar Free Mom
Easy Minestrone Soup from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Quinoa Vegetable Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 medium zucchini chopped
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 ½ cup fresh grape tomatoes halved (you can also use 2 cans of diced tomatoes if you don't have fresh)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ cup fresh parsley or 2 tablespoons dried
- 64 ouncea cartons of vegetable broth
- 3 cups kale
- ½ cup quinoa rinsed and dried
- 15 ouncea can white beans
- Place oil, onion, garlic, celery, zucchini, tomatoes, basil and parsley to a dutch oven and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add broth and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Lower heat to medium ad cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add beans and quinoa and cook for another 25 minutes.
- Add kale, stir to combine and cook of another 2-3 minutes until wilted.