This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of AllWhites Egg Whites for IZEA. All opinions are 100% mine.
This hummus is packed with protein and flavors that everyone will love! It’s healthy, simple to make and really delicious.
I love bringing healthy appetizers to parties and events to ensure that I have something that I like to eat and feel good about eating. So may appetizers out there are loaded with unnecessary calories and fat and we are all guilty of mindlessly eating at parties. We’ve all done it before…you stand right by the tray or tables of snacks, talk to friends and family and before you know it, the tray is gone (and so is your cocktail!) You can eat this hummus all you want…guilt-free. There is only 58 calories per serving! And isn’t it so pretty too?
I saw this recipe on AllWhites website and I was instantly intrigued. I know edamame has a bunch of protein in them, but I never thought to add egg whites to hummus! AllWhites® 100% liquid egg whites is a convenient, fat-free, cholesterol-free and low-calorie alternative to regular eggs – ideal when it comes to fueling your fitness goals and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. They’re a lean source of protein and can be used in any recipe that calls for eggs. They are convenient, quick and easy lean protein that’s enough to keep in your refrigerator. AllWhites® are 100% liquid egg whites with no yolk and are naturally fat-free and cholesterol-free. AllWhites® can be a healthy alternative to recipes that call for eggs and for all of my friends that love Weight Watchers®, they are 0 PointsPlus® value per serving!
- 1/2 cup AllWhites® egg whites
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 package (12 oz.) frozen shelled and cooked edamame, thawed ( I used organic, non-GMO)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley (optional)
- Place AllWhites egg whites, sesame seeds and garlic in blender. Cover and blend until smooth (about 3 minutes).
- Add edamame, lemon juice, oil and salt to blender. Process until well blended, scraping down sides as needed.
- Spoon hummus into a shallow dish; sprinkle with cayenne, parsley and additional sesame seeds if desired.
Guess what? We are giving away a month’s supply of AllWhites® 100% liquid egg whites coupons to one lucky winner! How cool is that? Just comment here and tell me what the first thing is that you would make with the AllWhites® 100% liquid egg whites if you won! Check out AllWhites® on Pinterest and Facebook too! Good luck!
AllWhites Egg Whites on Facebook