A decadent chocolate cake with chocolate chips and a deep chocolate drizzle that will make you want seconds. This delicious Triple Chocolate Cake is vegan and packed with protein too!
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.
Calling all of my chocolate lovers! I am so excited to share this cake with you guys.
I made it for my family and no one could believe that it was vegan too.
And of course it's an added bonus that I made it with Silk Soy Milk that is filled with plant-based protein.
You can easily use almond milk, coconut milk or any other milk of your choice. Go ahead and use whatever you like or whatever is in your refrigerator.
Chocolate cake + chocolate chips + chocolate drizzle = heaven. I mean, vegan heaven.
Why You Should Make This Triple Chocolate Cake
Silk Soy Milk is lactose-free, dairy-free, cholesterol-free and contains no high-fructose corn syrup or artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
Silk Soy Milk is enrolled in or verified by the Non-GMO Project and is free of gluten, casein, peanuts, egg and MSG. Each serving has 8 grams of plant based protein per serving!
That's more protein than any other dairy-free milk.
I don't know about you but I am always looking for more ways to add protein to my diet. Sure it's kind of awesome to add protein to a cake (right??) but I also love the fact that I can add more protein to my smoothies and overnight oats.
Protein filled snacks help prevent me from eating chips, my kids' grilled cheese and whatever else is sitting in front of me at the time.
Every morning I eat my overnight oats, I workout, drink lots of water…so why ruin all of my clean living with one moment of weakness?
And we will always be tempted with something. Some times it something sweet like cake or another dessert, other times it's something salty like pretzels or chips.
Whatever it is, try to prepare yourself with a healthier alternative. That's where this cake comes into action.
These protein packed snacks helped to prevent me from being hangry, now I deserve a treat, right?
Why not one that's vegan, dairy-free and loaded with plant-based protein? Oh, I forgot to mention how crazy delicious it is and it has three types of chocolate in there!
Like I said, this cake is for true chocolate lovers. Go ahead and add some chocolate sprinkles on top.
Silk is verified by the Non-GMO project. That's really important to me.
Now let's talk chocolate. More specifically, this amazing triple chocolate cake.
This is exactly what you need when that chocolate craving hits. And let's be honest, I seem to be craving chocolate more and more these days.
Everything in moderation, right?
What I love about this cake is that it freezes really well too. Even with the chocolate drizzle!
That's important because it will help with portion control. I think we have all been there where we feel like we can eat a half (if not more) a cake in one day.
What I like to do is freeze individual slices of this cake in air tight storage containers so that I am not tempted to overeat and I can just pull it out of the freezer when I feel like a slice. If you haven't tried this yet, it works really well.
This goes for all types of desserts, cookies, scones, donuts...you name it. You can freeze (almost) everything!
Preventing mindless and stress eating is really important to me. I am sure you can relate and have been there before. It happens to the best of us.
Low Carb Lemon Blueberry Cake from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
The Easiest Vanilla Cake from The Big Man's World
Keto Chocolate Mousse Cake from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Healthy Carrot Cake from iFoodReal
Triple Chocolate Cake
- For the cake;
- 1 ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup unrefined sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup Silk soy milk or unsweetened almond milk
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- For the drizzle:
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon 100% pure maple syrup
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon Silk soy milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray or grease with coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking soda and cocoa. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together bananas, vanilla, lemon and soy milk.
- Add soy milk mixture to flour mixture until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into greased pan and place into preheated oven. Bake for 35 minutes until thoroughly cooked or until a toothpick placed in the middle comes out clean.
- Prepare chocolate drizzle by placing the coconut oil, 1 tablespoon of soy milk and maple syrup in a small saucepan on low heat until melted.
- Remove from heat, add chocolate chips and stir until completely melted.
- Allow cake to cool for a few minutes before drizzling chocolate on top.