Smooth, rich and decadent, this Low Carb Chocolate Cake with a luscious chocolate mousse frosting will satisfy the biggest chocolate lovers! It's also gluten free, grain free, sugar free and keto friendly.
Who doesn't love a gigantic slice of chocolate cake?
Especially one that is gluten free, sugar free, grain free, low carb and delicious!
These days, without being able to taste and smell, cakes, cookies and all types of desserts are saving me. Which might be strange since I can't even taste them, but I really love the textures.
Texture has always been super important to me. It makes me love certain foods, and despise many others.
Texture is what makes me super picky.
Right now it's basically all I have. So eating all types of (low carb) cakes, cookies and treats make me feel happy.
It might not make sense but right now it's all I have. It basically reminds me of how much I love eating desserts.
I made this chocolate cake because my family's first choice is always chocolate. I like it too, but this time of year I would probably choose lemon over chocolate.
If you are like me, don't worry, I am working on a delicious lemon blueberry cake right now that I can not wait to share with you guys. I absolutely love lemon and blueberry together.
Ok, back to this cake, because today we are all about chocolate. And lots of it.
I wanted the bold and richness of the dark chocolate. And I am so glad I used it.
Now we add that delicious CHOCOLATE!
Look how gorgeous this is! Frosted with the delicious, creamy mousse topping and add some more shaved dark chocolate.
I just love this fluffy mousse frosting. I have always been a frosting girl, I could honestly eat it by the spoonful.
Especially any type of homemade frosting. It blows away any of the store bought kind.
Yes, even this frosting that is sugar free and low carb.
You can decorate this yummy cake however you like, I chose to shave some sugar free dark chocolate on top with a little (sugar free) whipped cream and sliced strawberries. I mea, who doesn't love strawberry and chocolate together?
Get creative and add some chocolate chips on top, sliced almonds or other nuts or seeds, drizzle with peanut or almond butter, add some other types of berries... you get the idea.
Please come back and share all of the additions you used on your cake to help inspire me and others. I love hearing all of your creative ideas.
Almond Flour Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Mousse Frosting
- For the Chocolate Cake:
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup melted sugar free chocolate
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 5 large eggs
- ¾ cup granular Monk fruit
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- For the Chocolate Mousse:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered Monk fruit
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Place the eggs into a big bowl and beat them.
- Add the granulated Monk fruit, vanilla extract, apple cider vinegar and baking powder. Whisk again to combine.
- Add softened butter and mix to combine. Use an electric mixer for better results.
- Then melt dark chocolate in the microwave for 45-60 seconds and add it to the rest of the ingredients. Mix for a few minutes until a smooth batter.
- Add both flours and stir to combine. Use a spatula now because the batter will become thicker.
- Grease and transfer the batter into an 8’’ round cake pan.
- Bake the cake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
- For the chocolate mousse, add the cream to a medium bowl whip it with an electric mixer for a few minutes until soft peaks form. Then add powdered monk fruit and cocoa powder and stir with a spatula to combine. Using the electric mixer here is possible, but you could end up over whipping the mousse.
- Finally, spread the mousse on the top and sides of the cake.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Chilling your mixing bowl will help the cream whip more easily.
- Add one tbsp of granulated coffee to the mousse that will enhance the chocolate flavor.
- Garnish with shaved chocolate, fresh fruit or whipped cream. Or any of the suggestions I mentioned above.
|Amount per serving||1 slice|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 12.4g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 6.3g||32%|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.2g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|
|Total Sugars 0.3g|
*Nutrition information not 100% guaranteed, created through verywellfit.com
** 3.2 total carbs, 2.4 net carbs per serving
I wanted to share some more delicious low carb cakes that I thought you might like:
Keto Caramel Cake from All Day I Dream About Food
Keto Vanilla Birthday Cake from The Big Man's World
Keto Nut Free Italian Lemon Cream Cake from Sugar Free Mom
Low Carb Carrot Cake from Ditch the Carbs
If you make this Low Carb Chocolate Mousse Cake or any of the other recipes I have shared with you, please some back and let me know. You guys know that I love to hear from you!
I hope you enjoy these! Thank you for stopping by and please come back soon!