With Memorial Day weekend here and summer right around the corner, I wanted to make a delicious pasta salad recipe. I love pasta salads in the summer and this one is not only simple to prepare, but it’s also amazing!
Is it me or did Memorial Day weekend arrive so fast? Believe me, I am certainly not going to miss the absolute worst winter we had, but it did seem to come up fast. We are going to a friend’s house this weekend and they asked us to bring a pasta salad. I love pasta salad (I mean, who doesn’t love pasta salad??) but I realized I usually make quinoa salad or couscous salad. It was time for me to create a pasta salad. And why not add my all-time-favorite? PESTO! And while I am not advising to drink pesto, I seriously could. All different types. I think I’ve made them all. 🙂
- 1 pound pasta of choice I used farfalle
- 3/4 cup sun dried tomatoes chopped
- 3/4 cup artichokes chopped
- 1 cup chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 batch of pesto
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese optional
- Cook pasta according to instructions.
- Add tomatoes, artichokes and chickpeas. Stir well to combine.
- Add pesto and mix well again. Toss in pesto and capers and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour or even overnight.
- Serve with fresh basil and Parmesan cheese if desired.
Now if I could only get my kids to like pesto. They wouldn’t even eat it on pizza?? I am not giving up. I will continue to offer it in hopes that they will one day they will like it. And selfishly, make my life a little easier. Then I remember how much pickier I was when I was younger (if you can even imagine) and it gives me hope. One day my kids WILL like pesto. And asparagus. And maybe even quinoa (wishful thinking!)
Here are some more pesto recipes you might like, I mean, love:
Gnocchi Spinach and Tomatoes in Pesto Sauce
Sauteed vegetables with Pumpkin Seed Pesto
What are you planning on making this weekend? This salad would go perfectly with any grilled meat, or even grilled veggies. 😉 I hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!