Deliciously light and flaky, easy to make with simple ingredients, these gluten free scones go perfectly with a nice cup of tea!
Don’t be intimidated by making scones, they are really easy to make. I used Organic Valley Egg Nog which is naturally gluten free.
Go ahead and use whatever eggnog you like. Store bought or homemade, they both will be crazy delicious in this recipe.
I only used 1/3 of a cup in the entire recipe but these scones aren’t necessarily low fat. But it is the holidays, right? And who isn’t looking for an easy recipe?
I used to hate scones because they were always so dry. The funny thing is, the “dryness” is exactly why I love them now.
I had a delicious scone while on vacation in Napa with my husband many years ago. It was so delightfully delicious and I even had two.
I couldn’t believe how incredible it was and that I missed out on them for so many years.
Well, that’s over.
Now I can’t stop making them, in all different flavors and types.
I’ve made scones with different flours, both whole what and gluten free, all different flavors and I love them all.
These eggnog scones do not disappoint.
Go ahead and dunk these babies right into your coffee or tea. I promise you will love them.
- 11 ⁄2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 ⁄4 cup coconut flour
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 ⁄4 cup unrefined sugar
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1 ⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 ⁄2 cup coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ⁄3 cup eggnog
- 1 teaspoon wheat-free vanilla extract
- 1 ⁄4 cup white chocolate chips more for melting and drizzling on top
- In a large bowl, mix together the flours, xanthan gum, sugar, baking powder and salt. Work in the coconut oil until the mixture is crumbly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, eggnog, and vanilla until frothy. Add to the dry ingredients, stirring until well blended. The dough will be sticky.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough onto the parchment paper or silicone mat and form into a circle in the center of baking sheet. Cut circle into 8 triangles.
- Sprinkle the scones with extra sugar if desired. Bake for 15–20 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 5 minutes before drizzling extra melted white chocolate of desired.
I made these babies gluten free because I love experimenting with different gluten free flours. You will be surprised at the amazing texture and consistency.
Even people that don’t eat a gluten free diet love these scones. No one even has to know they are gluten free!
I’ve made these so many different ways. I’ve added dark chocolate chips, drizzled milk chocolate on top, I have even added cranberries!
And let me tell you, cranberries made a lovely addition.
So delicious, slightly tart and festive.
The idea is that these are totally versatile and customizable. Add whatever you’d like or whatever you have in the house.
I can’t tell you enough how simple these are to prepare. They are perfect for Christmas breakfast and even better with a nice hot cup of tea (or coffee of course).
Honestly they are perfect any time of the year. Why limit to just the holidays?
You MUST try these. They really are amazing.
Here are some other of my delicious scone recipes you might like:
If you have made these scones or any of my other recipes, please come back and let me know. I love to hear from you!
Thanks for stopping by~