Delicious, easy to make, these Chocolate Chip Cookies are made with simple ingredients and naturally gluten free!
For all of my gluten sensitive friends out there, who says you can’t enjoy all of the holiday treats? These are so delicious, you won’t miss the gluten at all. Pinky swear.
The truth is you don’t even need to follow a gluten free diet to enjoy these cookies! You won’t miss the gluten at all.
Not even a little bit.
I make cookies all year long, but I go nuts around the holidays. I make so many different varieties and I love to give them out as holiday gifts.
But the truth is that I bake all the time, all year long. If I go to a friend’s house for a gathering or party, I almost always bring homemade cookies or brownies or some type of baked goods.
And wine, of course.
I mean, do want to be invited back! 🙂
The thing about baking gluten free is that some times the flours can be a little tricky. I learned this by “researching” and writing my cookbook, The Everything Wheat Free Diet Cookbook just how finicky these gluten free flours can be.
That is why when I find a recipe that works, I still with it and make it over and over again.
Why switch it up if it’s already working for you?
And that’s how I feel about these chocolate chip cookies. They come out perfectly every single time.
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup organic brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon organic pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1 teaspoon aluminum free gluten-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon aluminum free gluten-free baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup mini semi-sweet gluten-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, cream together coconut oil, sugar and applesauce. Add vanilla extract and eggs gradually while continuing to mix well.
- In a mother bowl, mix together almond flour, tapioca starch, sorghum flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir into coconut oil mixture until well blended.
- Slowly add chocolate chips until combined.
- Roll into 2 inch balls and then place on prepared baking sheet. Flatten with a wooden spoon and bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Let sit on baking sheet for 3 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool.
I make these cookies for gatherings and parties even if the host isn’t on a. gluten free diet. This way those that choose to eat gluten free, or others who have an allergy or sensitivity have healthy and delicious options too.
You can also easily make these dairy free by using Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips which are not only dairy free, but are also gluten free, soy free, peanut and tree nut free!
I also recommend using Lily’s Sugar Free Chocolate Chips if you are trying to reduce your sugar intake.
I absolutely love Lily’s chocolate chips and they come in so many different varieties; dark chocolate, milk chocolate, semi-sweet and even white chocolate chips!
So many different sugar free options. This way you can make these cookies a thousand different ways.
Ok, maybe not a thousand but you get the idea.
No one would even guess that these are healthy. Seriously, you must make these.
And send some to me. 😉
Please come back and let me know if you made these chocolate chip cookies or any of my other recipes. I love to hear from you!
Happy Holidays! Thanks for stopping by!