Lightly sweet and outrageously delicious, these scones are the perfect way to start your morning!
So tell me, are you sick of pumpkin?
Wait! Don't answer that! I am afraid you might say yes and I want to keep sharing pumpkin recipes! Thank goodness my family is still crazy about pumpkin, including these scones. I made these gluten-free but all of you gluten lovers won't notice a difference. Pinky promise.
So back to these babies...
You need to make these stat. Grab a cup of coffee (or tea if you're me) and dunk one of these scones in there. You will thank me.
Don't worry, in a couple of months everything I will make will be gingerbread and peppermint. Kidding! (Not really)
- 11 ⁄2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 ⁄4 cup coconut flour
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 ⁄4 cup unrefined sugar
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- 1 ⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 ⁄2 cup coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ⁄3 cup Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup 100% pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon wheat-free vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons 100% maple syrup
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use a silicone mat.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flours, xanthan gum, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt. Work in the coconut oil until the mixture is crumbly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, Greek yogurt, pumpkin and vanilla until frothy. Add to the dry ingredients, stirring until well blended. The dough will be sticky.
- Drop the dough onto the parchment paper or silicone mat and form into a circle in the center of baking sheet. Cut circle into 8 triangles.
- Sprinkle the scones with extra sugar if desired. Bake for 15–20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Prepare the glaze by mixing all the ingredients together in a small bowl until combined. Remove scones from the oven and let cool for at least 5 minutes before drizzling glaze on top.
Don't be intimidated by making scones, these are simple to make. They are perfect for brunch too for entertaining. I hope you love them too! And that glaze!