Made with seasonal flavors, these Pumpkin Cheesecake bars are lightened up with Greek yogurt, but still taste sinfully delicious.
My last several posts have all been dessert recipes.
‘Tis the season for lots of treats I guess, right?
I promise to share a “real food” recipe soon, but I just had to show you these amazing Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars first. The crust is light and the filling is sooooo incredibly creamy no one will miss all the extra calories in these. But you know what, this is the time of year that we all just splurge a little more, whether it’s cocktails, desserts or indulgent main dishes. Why not cut back on some of the calories?
Side note: I never said these were calorie-free or even low calorie for that matter. So that’s not a license to overdo it.
Good luck with that.
And I don’t know about you, but I bake somewhere around 15 dozen cookies a couple of weeks before Christmas to have for my family as well as to give as gifts. That’s a heck of a lot of cookies! But the beauty of these bars, and my Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars, and my Cheesecake Bars, Crunchy Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars, Salted Caramel Dark Chocolate Bars and my Almond Butter Fudge Bars is that are NO BAKE! So you can save the oven for baking those other treats!
I am a genius, I tell you.
- For the crust:
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons unrefined sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup coconut oil melted (can also use melted butter)
- For the Pumpkin Cheesecake:
- 1 package cream cheese left at room temperature
- 6 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unrefined sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- Spray cooking spray on parchment paper.
- Prepare crust by mixing all the ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Press down evenly in a greased pan until evenly spread.
- Place in the refrigerator to set for at least an hour.
- Place cream cheese and Greek yogurt in a medium size bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Beat the cream cheese and Greek yogurt in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Add the pumpkin, vanilla, sugar and spices until combined.beat again until smooth.
- Pour over crust and refrigerate again for at least 4-6 hours until completely set.
- Slice into 9-12 bars.
Pumpkin recipes all year long! Comment below if you’re with me. Have a great day!