These healthy, No Bake Pumpkin Spice Donut Holes might taste decadent, but they are packed with vitamins, lightly sweet, vegan and gently dipped in cocoa.
I have to say, the busier my kids and I get, I really am embracing the no bake snack craze. I mean, it’s a craze for good reason. It makes your life easier. And I am all about simplifying things these days.
Tell me, do you have a “prep day”? It’s basically a day that you choose to prepare snacks and meals for the upcoming week. Mine are Sundays. Or at least a dedicated hour or two depending on how busy my Sunday is. This helps to keep me organized with my meals and to avoid that mindless eating that we all do at times. Each week I roast some vegetables, grill some chicken, make a salad or two as well as make some granola bars for my kids or energy balls. These will now be on my next rotation.
I call these bad boys “donut holes” and I say that very loosely. The cocoa on the outside makes them more like donut holes, but you get the picture.
- 1 cup oats I used gluten-free
- 1/4 cup 100% maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- cocoa powder for dusting optional, I used unsweetened
- Combine all of the ingredients except for cocoa powder not a medium size bowl. Mix well.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Roll into balls.
- If desired, pour cocoa powder into shall bowl and roll each pumpkin hole into it.
- Eat immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
So 2 out of my 3 kids like these “donut holes” rolled in cocoa. My youngest didn’t like the cocoa so I made a batch without it. He was thrilled! And they were equally as delicious. But they don’t really look like donut holes. Oh well.
I hope you enjoy these too! Let me know if you like these with or without cocoa 🙂